|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, December 30

Christmas Update

My little family had a fantastic Christmas. Ty, Nuts and I did our Christmas the weekend before Christmas. Because we are living off of my meager income and Ty can't justify spending his student loan on money on me (I don't know why!?!) we didn't really exchange presents. Ty took me out to dinner and I bought him a couple of stocking stuffers. I have bought him an ornament every Christmas since 2003. This year I found this cute round Santa that was wearing a stethescope and carrying a doctor's bag. Perfect for Ty! We did get Nuts a present for his stocking. He loves chasing squirrels, so we bought him a stuffed one. It was too big to fit all the way down in his stocking.
We couldn't find stocking holders that we liked so when I stuffed the stockings I just hung them on the tree. Nuts' stocking looked like it had a rat sticking out.
We headed to our hometown Monday night. Ty's mom marked some redbud trees for us last Spring for us to transplant to our front yard. We walked all over their land searching for them. It was really cold and Ty found these coveralls in the back of his closet. They fit perfectly. Don't worry I glammed the camo up with some houndstooth gloves!
Ty and I woke up really early on Christmas Eve morning to check out our stockings--3:30 AM!
I woke up and went to the bathroom and saw them all sitting out, stuffed full. I was so excited that I couldn't fall back asleep, so we just got up and opened them. Beverly always has the best stocking stuffers! One of the things in my stocking was a gift certificate for a blog makeover. Yay!
Lucas discovered the dancing Santa. That kid has some crazy dance moves. It was very entertaining!

Nathan's 1st Christmas. His santa hat was adorable!

The kids with Ty's grandparents.

We went with Ty's family to see the Christmas lights at Medicine Park.

Can you tell I am standing on my tiptoes? Every little bit helps when you husby is a foot taller than you!

Christmas day we headed to my parents house. It is so nice that our parents only live 10 minutes from each other. We opened presents and then went to the movies. This is one of our family traditions. We saw Four Christmases. I thought it was good, but I'm not sure my parents appreciated it. Any movie with Vince Vaughn is probably not a good choice for my conservative parents.


My brother and sister.

We couldn't leave out our dogs. (ignore the creepy eyes.)
After Christmas in our hometown we headed back home for a day and then left for a couple of more Christmas celebrations. I will write about them later...
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. What cute pics!! Looks like you all had a blast. Love that you snuck out and opened up your stockings :) How funny! And YAY for a blog makeover!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love that you got so excited about your full stocking. those are the best days aren't they? Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the sweet little squirrel! What a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make cameo look so cute! If only I could pull that off...Have fun with the bloggy makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a fantastic christmas! love all the pictures. you guys are such a cute couple and i LOVE your camo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, cute pictures! The squirrel sticking out is hilarious!

    Stockings are my favorite part too!

    I love the pic of you "kids" with your dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you guys had a great time!! btw i have those EXACT hounds tooth gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

    But after seeing that your hubby is a foot taller than you I have to ask.....what in the heck is he doing in your Christmas card...the second picture....is he bent down or are you standing on something??? haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a super nice Christmas!! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! What cute pictures! A girl after my own heart..sneaking out and opening up your stockings!!!

    Hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the way your gloves really complete the cammo look! and, what a great gift for a blogger - a blog makeover. Can't wait to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww It looks like you had a super fun time!!! Happy New Year!

    V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...