|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, December 19

Introducing

my friend Whitney. Well, before I start with Whitney let me preface this by saying I started this blog for my family to read and keep up with mine and Ty's life. It has definitely evolved into something completely different. I have developed this great circle of bloggy friends and I never expected that! But this post is for my family. Anytime I talk to my family about Whitney I always say, "you know that girl in my office, Whitney, her husband is in Ty's medical school class..." Well, that has become quite a mouthful. My parents have always known who my friends and I don't want that to stop now that I am all grown-up. (well, sorta grown-up).
I am extremely blessed to have a great job with great co-workers and a fun, laid-back boss. One of the things that has made this job so much fun is Whitney. {You know that girl in my office whose husband is in Ty's class! :)} She is a year older than me and we have so much in common. Especially since we are going through the same things with our husbands in medical school. We even took up sewing together last year to pass the time while the boys are studying.
We are the young (silly) girls in the office. We are always e-mailing back and forth even though we are only about 5 ft. from each other. And we always have some new obsession to look up online. Lately, it has been baby stuff because Whitney is preggers and she just found out she is having a boy. Yay!
I am so lucky to have lots of amazing co-workers, but especially Whitney! She makes office life a lot more interesting and fun!

We played Dirty Santa yesterday for our office party. We are showing off our loot. She did get more than one of those plates...

20 comments:

  1. i loe the bow thingy in your hair! to cute, and rachel rays cook book is amazing OOOOOOHHH that plate is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for double comments but do you think you could give whitney a comment asking if she could make it so i could comment on her blog?? (so i can sign my name. i dont have a blog so i dont have a username.)
    THANKS!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a work buddy definitely makes life a lot more fun!! I think her baby boy will need some of you cutie pie onesies!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline--I asked Whitney about you not being able to comment. She said she wasn't sure why you couldn't. She doesn't allow anonymous comments, but we think you can still do it with an open id.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you girls are too cute!!! i love the plate and book!

    but sadly, i mist say, BOOMER SOONER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LINDSEY! How fun a post about ME! :) hahaha. You are so sweet. I am sooooo glad you work here or else I might just die. In fact, I would probably be dead by now.
    That picture of me holding the plate is b-a-d. I look exhausted and sick of work. HA! :) I love the ice one of us, though.

    And ya know what?! When I talk about you to my fam, I SAY THE SAME THING! "Ya know, her husband Ty is a first year, too?" HA! But now that we both have blogs my mom knows who you are b/c she reads you. Now, I just have to specify, "work Lindsey" from "college Lindsey".

    I have decided we need more pictures together. We should pose by our sewing machines - we are such apronistas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you guys are friends and work together - what fun! I love her blog too! (o: I agree with your other commenter - Whitney needs one of your fabulous onesies for her baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OO So fun!!! I knew you girls worked together but I had no idea you were only 5 ft from each other!! cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! I have that cook book and I LOVE it!!! Have a great weekend!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to have a friend like that in the office! You guys look like you have a blast together! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. so fun!! thanks for the encouragement about the surgery! you were right. :) hope you have a very merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whitney is one of my bloggy friends and I can just tell she would be a good friend of mine if we lived near each other. You both seem like so much fun and it makes me wish I REALLY knew you! Oh well though, guess we have to stick with blogging... Anyway... What a nice post - have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so lucky to have such a great YOUNG friend in your office! By the way, I love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wish i worked with y'all, too! Unfortunately, my only company at work are 7-year-olds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great dirty Santa gifts! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you have such a good friend! They are a real treasure!

    And I want to say thank you so much for your sweet comment and the prayers. I'm so humbled and thankful that you think of me during your prayer time!! It's appreciated very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make bow headbands look adorable! I know have one more thing to ask Santa for... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun coincidence that of the few blogs I read, two are by co-workers/friends. I found Whitney's blog via comments on The Pioneer Woman, just thought her blog name was so cute and then as I read her blog your blogs name caught my eye. I really enjoy reading both your blogs and think it's marvelous that you two can support each other while your husbands are toiling away through med school. Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...