|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, December 5

Go Green

We went green at work several, several months ago. Besides having random checks to make sure computers are being turned off at night, we are trying to conserve energy by turning off the bathroom lights. As of September, our school has saved $2.2 million. (This is between 3 different campuses.) I'm sure the motivation behind us going green is to save money, but at least we are doing it.

Wind power has been all over the news lately. I grew up in a part of the state where it is always windy. Of course everywhere in OK is pretty windy, but especially this area. Hence a line from our state song, "where the winds come sweeping down the plains." Driving from my hometown to Ty's grandparents there is a mini wind farm. Everytime we drive by it I am always mesmerized. Those things are HUGE! I could stare at them all day. I wish I had one in my back yard, not to save energy but to watch. It would be nice to have the wind provide my electricity! I'm pretty sure one of these is just a little out of my budget! :)



Check out this great wreath I got last night at Kohl's:

Regular price: $50. I bought it for $15!!! Can you believe that??? I have been eyeing red berry wreaths since last Christmas, but just couldn't bring myself to spend a ton of money on one. Good thing I waited!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE your wreath! That is such a great deal!! And I can't believe how much your school has saved!! That is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKay, I have a really dumb story about those huge wind generator things. This summer my hubby and I went on a road trip up to MOntana to visit my family and all throughout northern texas I saw these huge wind generators everywhere. We stopped for gas in some Texas town, near to these things and it also happened to be quite windy. I told him "Wow, it sure is windy. I'm glad we don't have any of these things in our town." I thought that these things MADE actual wind. He laughed at me. I felt a little stupid. BUt we had a good laugh. (o:

    I LOVE berry wreaths too - and yours if fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i nearly run off the road whenever i pass a wind farm...i could sit and stare at them all day. it is very windy in texas where i am from...i keep hoping that t. boone will offer me big bucks to put a few of those suckers on my land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those wind farms, too. They're amazing! Can't believe you got such a steal on the wreath - post pics of your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee for bargains at Kohl's! I love that wreath...it is so pretty!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the wreath! I have been keeping my eye on one like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a lot saved! What a steal on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kohls for the deals they give...you never pay full price for anything!!! Love the wreath

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great deal you found! And the wreath is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband wants a green house someday, with solar power and everything. But being green does take green!
    I love your new wreath! I want one like that, but they are s dang expensive. I'll have to check out Kohl's. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it sweet to find a deal!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful wreath! I have a few red berry things, and I love them! And, they have those huge windmills all over the Midland area, too. They are enormous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...