|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, December 11

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

How lovely are your branches. Why is it so hard to take a great picture of a Christmas tree with a digital camera? I decided that daylight just might be the best time to do it.
Our tree has been up since before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping none of you remember my posts about hating Christmas decor before Thanksgiving. But when your husband is in medical school and he has to start studying for finals right after Thanksgiving you learn to be flexible with the Christmas decor. It was do it at the time with him or have to do it later by myself. The latter was not an option. Especially considering that he did most of the work!
My favorite ornaments: I love the big red one because it is huge, the little smores guy was a gift from Ty when we were dating (I think our senior year of high school), and of course our 1st Christmas ornament.


And my favorite part--the wrapping paper! The black and silver paper looks red in this picture but it is just reflecting off of the tree skirt. The black design is raised velour.

I love the little gift box. Ignore the gift bag hanging out in the back. I got tired of wrapping and just stuck the present in the first bag I could find. There isn't even any tissue paper in there. This is what happens when you buy the cheap tape...don't do it! The tape I bought came in a neat casing that promised that you could use it with one hand. It was also the cheapest option. Not worth it. The tape won't stay down. The only other roll of tape that I had on hand was a huge roll of packing tape. I kept having to cut little strips. No fun. So, buy the expensive tape! Don't scrimp! :)

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Your tree is gorgeous even in the daylight when the camera doesn't take a great picture! I'm jealous of your great decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great! I love your wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty tree! I love the big ornaments! So fun!

    I have yet to wrap one present. I am bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your tree!!! those ornaments are beautiful. and gret wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that wrapping paper! So pretty! I haven't even bought one present yet - so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, great job! Now if I could just get mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree looks beautiful! I'm looking forward to having my first Christmas tree as a married lady next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tree and ornaments, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree looks great!! I have no idea why it is so hard to take a picture of Christmas decor either..such a pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tree photo - wait until night, turn off the flash, turn the camera to M mode, set it on a stationary surface (or use a tripod), and press the shutter. The important thing is that it not move. I'll even use the self timer to be absolutely sure not to bump the camera.

    I have a cheapy point and shoot and I got a great pic of my tree like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tree looks beautiful. And amen to the expensive tape, it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we pre-thanksgiving decorators have a name for you haters:
    S C R O O G E!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So festive!! Now I'm inspired to spruce up my decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel ya on the pic problems - I posted about me tree the other day and the pic was horrible. I just couldn't get a photo that actually captured my tree - o well!

    Everything looks really nice by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh your christmas tree is gorgeous!! and golly that wrapping paper is CUTE!! so you live in OK? what is the weather like over there?? i live in NC, and it has been really rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha neither did I!! Love the tree/decorations/wrapping/ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your tree and the presents too! I will take your advice and avoid the cheap tape! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty! O' Christmas tree was the title of my tree post too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tree looks great! I had a hard time getting a night time tree picture, too, so I used the late afternoon light for a decent shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can only imagine how good your Christmas tree smells!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's very pretty! And I agree, it is difficult to take good pictures of trees. You did good though! Me, not so much. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...