|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, December 15

Get Your Kicks on Route 66

On old Route 66 there is this great little convenience store called Pops. Driving along Route 66 in this area you see lots of old farm houses and fields and then all of a sudden this modern, futuristic gas station is in your view. My boss and I discovered this place on one of our recruiting trips. The next time that Ty and I were in the area we stopped by. I just knew he would love it. We knew we were going to be in the area Saturday evening and made plans to stop.

All lit up at night.

Pops is celebrating Christmas, too! The pop bottle rotated through a couple of designs.


Both of the long walls of the store are lined with thousands of pops.

They also have a little diner inside the store, hence the table and chairs.

I've never eaten there because we always stop at random times. One day...
Check out the cute six pack boxes they provide.

There are a lot of coolers filled with all kinds of pop.
I tend to go with the safer choices and Ty likes to try new things.
My choices were Izze Sparkling Pomegranate (my daredevil choice!), Welch's Grape Soda, and Faygo Orange Soda. Ty had some really weird flavor with the name rat in it, but at the last minute traded it out for a good ole Coke.




It was such a fun trip! Ty and I had such a great weekend together. I had forgotten how much fun we have together when the stress of medical school isn't looming over his head.
The tempatures were a record high here yesterday: 75 degrees! This morning it is 16 degrees! Quite the dramatic change! The temps began dropping yesterday evening and it started sleeting last night. I went to bed with my work phone so I could wake up in the morning and check my e-mail. I was hoping that work would be closed and it is!!! YAY! All day at home with Ty! I'm so excited. Although getting Nuts to go outside to do his business is not going to be fun in these temps! :)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun place! I've always wanted to take a week or two and just drive the old route 66. Several of the old motels along the route are being restored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture! And fun! That looks really cool! I really wish G & I had some time off together and could just spend the entire day at home together. Our weeks have been so busy, and I'm just exhausted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so lucky to have another day at home!!!!!! I love the pop shop :), and I love soda so we would get along great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that place is awesome! i LOVE that outdoor pop bottle, all lit up. that is really cool! i would love to shop there and get lots of those fun drinks. i don't really drink carbonated beverages, but i think i could splurge for that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! it sounds like you had a blast!cute pics, and i LOVE izze! have you tried orangina, or Jones cream soda?? those are both really good to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pops! I am jealous of the 'snow day'. It skipped us enitrely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun store! Love the pics. Enjoy your day off with Ty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! We were talking about Pops last week. It's owned by Aubrey McClendon and apparently he's putting in a "Mops" next to it. I'm not sure of the theme yet, though. Yes, it was 13 degrees here this morning and my little puppy did NOTHING outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE ARE OFF WORK, WE ARE OFF WORK, AND I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That place looks like so much fun! I am so glad you are enjoying his time off from medical school...
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have GOT to take felipe there. he loves pop almost as much as i love the vino!

    you're lucky...i didn't get the school closed message until i was up, showered and dressed! grrrrr. by that time, there was no going back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like such a neat place! And yay for not having to work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That place looks so cool! I'm a fan of the clementine Izze myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun place! Izze sparkling pomegranate is my absolute fav! I used to by a case, along with celebrity tabloids every Monday in the summer to enjoy during my pool time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...