|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, March 30

Bama Recap

I will be home this afternoon. Yay! I had a great time in Birmingham, Alabama. I didn't think much about how Birmingham was going to look. It was gorgeous--lots of trees and hills. There were two other people from my office with me. We drove through so many great neighborhoods. Every house was so nice. All of the houses were unique and old. There were some huge houses along with cute little cottages and they all had perfectly landscaped yards. It was like being in a Southern Living magazine. Bama Belle in the Big City e-mailed me a great list of things to do and see in Birmingham. A lot of things that we did were at her suggestion, so some of these things that I am mentioning will probably only mean something to her. We ate at Savages Bakery, Zoe's Kitchen, the Tavern at the top of the Summit, and we tried to go to the Bottega Cafe but it is closed on Sunday's.

We went to two great little areas of town: Homewood and Mountain Brook. We discovered this great, little, french bakery called Chez LuLu. It was so good we ate there twice once for lunch and once for brunch. There was a Whole Foods close to our hotel that we visited almost everyday. I know what you all are thinking--big deal there is a Whole Foods in my town. There is one where I live too, but it is small. This is the biggest Whole Foods I have ever been too. It was fantastic! Anytime I go to a grocery store in another state I am always amazed by the wine. (Wine is only sold in liquor stores in my state.) I don't even really like wine. I'm just really fascinated when I see it sold in grocery stores.


We went to Vulcan Park, the Civil Rights Institute and to the Botanical Gardens.

The gardens were gorgeous and so peaceful. I can only imagine what they will look like in a month.




This was in the Southern Living Garden.


It snowed in my city while I was gone, so I'm sure my pretty tulips will be ruined when I get home. These purple tulips were gorgeous!




This conference was pretty spread out as far as what we were here for, so we did have some free time to do all of these things. But I did work! (We weren't attending the conference just exhibiting, presenting, sponsoring a dinner, etc.) Since I travel so much I have a work computer with access to all of our databases and a wireless aircard that allows me to get on the internet anywhere which means staying on top of my e-mails. This was a great trip! I fell in love with Birmingham. But it is time to go home! home sweet home.
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Where are you from? I assume Alabama, but which part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful time! It looks like the weather cooperated for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a great time. You are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gardens are beautiful...Your hair is SO red in the pictures, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live south of Birmingham, in Prattville. I'm glad you got to visit such a great city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birmingham is beautiful.
    I haven't been there in a long time though..

    I am glad you had a good time.. but coming home is always nice isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...those pictures of the garden are GORGEOUS! i want to steal them and use them for my desktop :) and you look so beautiful too! so glad you had a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time! It is absolutely beautiful, there! I too am amazed that grocery stores sell wine. We just got back from Taos and their Albertson's has and entire liquor store section. It's so strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracious - you guys have been gone forever. I'm sure you're ready for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you have a great trip to B'ham. Bama is a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tulips are incredible. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! Your photos are gorgeous and it sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your pictures are beautiful!! Birmingham looks like a wonderful place to visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! My gf is from there... I love it!

    Those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How pretty! Love the pictures of the trees... ahh.

    I usually visit the grocery store when I'm out of town. I like to eat lighter at dinner by picking up something small at the grocery store. Plus, it's really fun to see what they have. I always find something different than what my local stores carry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics, and your hair looks so so PRETTY :)

    Great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your hair in those pictures!!!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! And you have the most beautiful hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have some friends in Birmingham, I can't wait to go! Looks like you had a great trip! Beautiful pictures as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a beautiful place! glad you got to mix in some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am seriously in love with your hair!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay yay yay! i forgot to tell you bottega was closed on sundays! next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so glad you had a good time in this fabulous city. The botanical gardens is one of my favorite spots and it is gorgeous this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that place looks AMAZING!! and your hair...SOOOO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...