|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, March 11

Bananas about Running

I woke up yesterday morning to temps in the 70s and I left work to temps in the 40s. Crazy weather. On my way home I called Chesley to see if she was still up for the running club. We debated for a while and I eventually said it was too cold. I get home and debated about it some more and then a few minutes before I needed to leave if I am going to get there on time I decide I need to go run. I was frantically rushing around trying to find gloves and an earmuff band thingy. Of course I can't find either one of these things, so I start yelling for Ty to help. He isn't much help, because he doesn't have the first clue as to where to look. I started wishing my mom was there because she always knew where to look when us kids lost things. I finally found a pair of gloves and some mittens for Chesley. (It was all I could find!) I gave up on the earmuff band thingy. I got dressed and headed out the door. I got to the track about 10 minutes early. I always do that. I rush and rush because I hate being late and then end up arriving to my destination ridiculously early. I'm the girl that shows up for the party right when its supposed to start and then has to wait 30 minutes for everyone else to show up. I need to learn to relax! haha! It was a cold, windy night at the running club. My ears and face were frozen by the end, but I'm glad I went. I always feel great afterward. I think I am becoming one of those people that really enjoy running!

I discovered last week on my trip to Lawrence, KS that I like bananas. This is a huge deal for me. I am a very picky eater. I used to hate bananas: the mushiness and the taste. I love strawberries, but a strawberry banana flavored food--no way! But then the other day a banana started to sound good to me so I ate one as part of my breakfast at the hotel. I liked it! I guess my tastes are changing as I get older. I cut up a banana and put it in my smoothie last night. I just can't get enough of them!

Today is my SIL, Amy's b-day! Happy Birthday Amy!! I hope you have a great day!

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. i love bananas too! they're so good. glad you ended up going running! i wish i were as motivated as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to the store last night and first thing i picked up was bananas. Love them especially with peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way I alawys rush rush rush because I HATE being late and then I'm always way early. :)

    Banana and peanut butter are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for the motivation - it's awesome you went! My husband is no help in finding anything, it actually makes me more anxious - because like you I rush and rush - just to be early!!

    I am a banana addict!! I'm glad you like them now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I start I get completely addicted. Good for you for still going. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go running in the cold! I think it's much harder to run in cold weather than hot weather. I was in a runnning club a few years ago and I really need to go back. I've been waiting for it to warm up.

    I used to get bad foot and leg cramps when I was running a lot. Bananas REALLY helped! The cramp thing is probably just my weird issue but they work for running cramps if you ever get them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny.....Bananas are great and great for you! They say your taste buds change every 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope you guys go next week. i am IN. although i still need new shoes. my old ones have rubbed a giant blister on my instep, so i am in retirement until i replace them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Good for you, running in the cold! I usualy got out walking/jogging at 430 and yesterday I decided it was entirely too cold to even attempt jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you like bananas. I was the same way - hated them all growing up and now I love them. Ya know, they say your taste buds change every 7 years...

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I get older, I too notice my tastes changing... like things I would never eat before and even the opposite has happened... I dislike foods now that I used to love - weird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are too funny! i'm the same way though - 1) i always wish my mom was around to find my lost items and 2) why is it that we rush and rush and are still super early? and bananas, i love them! i eat them with peanut butter all the time and if i buy them and they turn brown before i eat them, i turn them in to banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! That's awesome that you went! They say bananas are really good for energy especially before you exercise, run, or sports, or or or :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to feel that way about avocadoes. I hated them when I was a kid, but I love them now.

    For me, bananas are tricky. They have to have a hint of green still on the peel. Brown spots or that sickly sweet banana smell are deal breakers. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go on the running. We bailed this morning because of the colder temps...but I'm going this afternoon so I guess that still counts. They say your tastebuds change every 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so hard to run in the cold! I bet you were happy you went once it was over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bananas rock! I'm glad you like them now...they are so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All this talk about running is making me want to just take it up myself! .....Maybe in a few months!

    Bananas are yummy in cereal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love bananas, especially with peanut butter. peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bananas are great... the perfect snack on their own or make a smoothie with bananas, yoghurt some honey and any other fruit you have lying around! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...