|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, March 9

Rested

It's amazing how a weekend by yourself can seem like I had an extra day added to the weekend. I feel very rested. Ty got home from his trip to D.C. Saturday night. Nuts and I picked him up at the airport. Nuts was so excited to have Ty home. So was I! I'm not sure how I am going to handle it when he is gone on rotations for a month at a time. I was in a pretty crabby mood without him. He was very busy at his conference in DC, so we only talked about 20 minutes the whole time he was gone. (4 days) Ty was in the same building as Brad Pitt on Thursday at the capitol. A lot of med students got pictures of him. I'm sure you all are thinking, what a lame story. But I thought it was exciting. Even though Ty didn't think much of it...Boys!

He was taking out the trash last night and saw my empty pint sized mint chocolate chip ice cream container and just started cracking up. I never buy ice cream to keep at home because it is too much of a hazard for me. Yes, I indulge on food while my hubs is out of town!

Friday night I watched The Women, ate my ice cream, and ran on the treadmill. It was the perfect evening alone. The weather was so nice all weekend. I kept the back door open the whole time I was at home. Nuts loved running in and out of the house whenever he pleased. I think he needs a doggie door.


This week will be pretty busy for me. I am going to be gone the last half of the week to Washington DC. My boss and I are going for work. Its my first time to ever go. What a bummer that Ty and I couldn't be there at the same time. Then when I get back it will be Spring Break! Whoo hoo! I don't get Spring Break off, but I will be taking a couple of days off to enjoy it.

Happy Monday!!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I love my husband to death, but every now and then I do secretly enjoy some alone time when he is working late. Perfect time to catch up on "chick flicks!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always bust out the bad food when my husband is gone too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a nice weekend! I always thought that I'd hate when KCC was on-call on the hospital but I actually look forward to those days/nights now because I can get so much done (and I can watch whatever I want on TV and eat cereal for dinner...) When is Ty finished with med school? Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your trip this week. I hope you enjoy it.

    I actually really like the times when my husband is away... so long as he's not away TOO long!

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! that's such a great picture of you and your hubby :) I HIGHLY recommend a doggy door! we had one for fez in our old house and loved it! we haven't installed it in our new house yet, but we left some of our sunroom windows open with the warm weather this weekend and Fez just hopped in and out as he pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. And I'm glad Ty is home. Too bad you couldn't have had your trips at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mint ice cream...whats a girl to do all alone anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you had a combination of mint chocolate chip ice and running on the treadmill in the same evening. You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice weekend. I wish the weather were nicer here! Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean, I get a bit grumpy when Luke is out of town for a long time also!
    So fun that you are going to DC this week. I just love that place. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Ice cream in the house is a hazard for me too :( LoL

    Have a good time in DC! Its definitely a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my hubby is gone I always indulge in chick-flicks and some kind of baked good or something. (o:

    I'm only days away from finding out who my baby is - I can't wait to buy one of your cute onesies!!! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a bummer that you and Ty just missed each other with your DC trips! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just telling another girl that star sightings are always exciting, whether people want to admit it or not! And that's the loveliest picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HATE it when Brian is gone or I am away. It stinks! Great b&w of you and Ty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute picture of you and Ty! Your weekend sounds a lot like mine...I babysat on Saturday night, watched Bridget Jones Diary and ate ice cream! (which I don't keep in my freezer either.)

    Have fun in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable picture!! And it sounds like you had a nice weekend. As much as I miss my husband, sometimes it is nice to not have to make plans, cook, look cute, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My tulips are no where near actually blooming - they are just coming up through the soil - I am slightly jealous that yours are ready to bloom! hehe Hope you don't miss it while you are gone this weekend. What a bummer that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is quite hysterical about the ice cream. Funny how I do the EXACT same thing when Mr. Ruby is out of town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. girl! i am so bummed i have been out of the blog loop and didnt realize you were going to be in DC. i would have loved to have grabbed coffee!! i could have shown you around. anyway, hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...