|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, March 11

I heart recruitment dinners

Tonight my boss and I took pre-medical students and one of our medical students to dinner. We went to Jaleo. It was this great spanish restaurant owned by Jose Andres. He competed against Bobby Flay on the Food Network's Iron Chef America. The five of us all ordered 3 tapas each. (Tapas are similar to appetizers. They are small dishes and are meant to encourage people to converse instead of concentrating on a full meal that is usually placed in front of them. Everyone samples each others tapas.) I had a little bit of everything and it was all amazing! I had quail, lamb, shrimp, asparagus, potatoes, salmon, tuna, spinach and much more. It was SO YUMMY!! I had never eaten at a Spanish restaurant before and had never had tapas. It was a great experience and was so much fun to just pass food around and sample everything. I was a little hesitant about the sharing at first. Ask anyone in my family or Ty....I don't like to share my food. I used to hide the good snacks in my bedroom in elementary and middle school. You think I would be a fatty, fatty no friends! Obviously, my siblings and I had some issues with eating up all the good snacks in the house really fast. I had to hoard them! :) That's probably why I like mint chocolate stuff so much--no one else in my family does--I never had to share it! But I digress...


Sorry, no pictures of the food. I didn't think taking pics of the food while I was working was the most appropriate thing to do. But I did snap one quick picture of the inside of the restaurant. I just loved the colors: oranges and reds.

We have lots of fun things to do tomorrow both for business and pleasure. Ty took this picture at the Lincoln Memorial when he was here last week. (No, he doesn't usually take pictures of school girls! They just happened to be in every shot he took of the memorial and I guess he decided to snap one of them all together while they were posing for someone else.) I really like it for some reason. Maybe because I never wore uniforms for school. They always intruige me.


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. that restaurant sounds awesome! what a great concept. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure that your job, like all jobs, has its share of headaches and stress. But, it sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tapas. My in-laws are obsessed with tapas. Once, they kept telling me they were going to a tapas bar, and I could have SWORN the whole time they were saying a "topless bar". AHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're ever in Dallas, they have two really good Tapas stops :)

    Cafe Madrid and Sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting and delish! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tagged you on my blog!

    (I just have to add, Whitney's comment is cracking me up. I'll always think of topless bars when I think of tapas now!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you on my blog! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounded soo neat! I've never had tapas either! Cool little history about them too. The restaurant is gorgeous! I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny that Ty took that picture with the school girls there! It actually looks like a post card.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've got the button up and running! thank you for all of your help! (now if i could only figure out how to 3 column it would be perfect) but it is good for now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love tapas! So much fun to eat and SO good! And honestly, I kind of love that picture. It's such a great subject...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm. Spanish food. Oh, and it tastes so much more delicious when it's on the company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A SUPPORTED BY THE DEVELOPER TOOLS? It was interesting. You seem very knowledgeable in ypour field.

    rH3uYcBX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...