|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, March 17

Lots of Rambling...

The weather in DC was cold and dreary, but I still had a great time! My favorite part was Georgetown. I loved that area of town.

They had PINK cupcake boxes!!

I carried my cupcakes around DC all day. We had just eaten brunch at a french bakery and I was too stuffed to eat my cupcakes right away. They were good, but the vanilla frosting was a little too cream cheesy for me. (No one can live up to my nanny's buttercream frosting!) The one with the chocolate frosting was yummy!


I got home from my trip on Sunday afternoon. Then my parents came to stay for a couple of nights. I took Monday off of work, because my dad was at my house to fix a few things for me. I finally have a working garbage disposal. Yay! And he built me a headboard. I still have to find fabric to upholster it with, but I will post pics when it is complete. THANKS DAD!
My friend Julie drove into town to visit Chesley and I Monday night. It was so good to see her!
(We were all wearing flats. I'm so short and Julie is so tall! I'm just a tad bit jealous!)

My parents ended up staying the night Monday night too. I had worked my dad too much and he didn't have a chance to do anything that he wanted to do here. So they stayed another night so he would have time to go to a few stores that they don't have at home. Chesley hung out with us both nights. We challenged my parents and Ty to a game of Taboo. Of course Ches and I won. We have been banned from being on the same team. We give each other the craziest clues and because we spend so much time together the other automatically gets it.
It was back to work today. It was a busy day since I had been out of the office travelling and then off on Monday. I think that everyone that works at a university should get spring break off! I shouldn't complain too much I am taking Friday off too. :)
I can tell I haven't blogged in a while, because I am starting to ramble...
haha!
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend....Glad you had such a great time traveling and with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had such a great time! i love those pictures from georgetown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when my Mom and Dad come in town and my Dad helps fix stuff around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was so much fun. The cupcakes also look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree--I want spring break off too!! Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished headboard!!!

    and love that you love cupcakes like I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous!! So glad you had such a great time. The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cupcakes looked yummy - and what a fun box to come in too! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend!!! :) I love those boxes!!!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. PINK cupcake boxes?!?!?!? Oh my God, I'm on my way to DC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun!!! and i want one of those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Those cupcakes look delish!! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad you had a great time! mmmm those cupcakes look yummy! we just got back from the Northern VA/DC area last night! It was soo rainy!! :) Sounds like you've been busy but with some pretty fun stuff! Yay for another day off on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw! Sounds like a nice long weekend!! I love georgtown too!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like you had a great weekend! those cupcakes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder if we were in DC at the same time? I am glad you stopped by Georgetown Cupcake! My favorite is the red velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you and your cupcakes! you should open a bakery. you could practice on your coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the cupcakes looked delicious? how were they?

    have a great three day weekend...lucky:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rambling is okay - isn't that what a blog is for, haha?! Your trip sounds great - I have never been to Georgetown but am dying to go - it looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You ARE adorable!!!


    If you ever come here, I'd DEF take you to Magnolia Bakery. All cupcake fans Mecca.

    PS Love your scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved your photos, Georgetown, and you of course, look lovely!

    Those cupcakes look delicious!

    Have a great weekend.

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...