|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, April 14

Craft Party

A month or two ago Chesley sent me an e-mail with some pics of a few feather headbands that she found on Etsy. I replied telling her which ones I liked and that we could make them ourselves. I saw a really cute one at Urban Outfitters when I was in Lawrence, KS, but couldn't bring myself to pay $24 for a feather headband. I looked it over and decided that if I really wanted one that I could probably make it.


{It was brought to my attention the other day that some of you might think I am spelling Chesley's name wrong. Its not Chelsey--its CHESS-LEE. That's my best phonetic spelling! We met in college and she is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. She entertains me while Ty is studying. I just wanted to clear that up. I also have a lot of new people reading my blog, so I wanted to explain who she is.} Back to our craft party....

I was originally going to do a tutorial on how to make them, but I came across this great tutorial on BurdaStyle and decided to just link to it.

C and I spent around $10 total. That is $5 each for 2 headbands a piece. We bought the feathers and tacky glue at Michaels, the felt at JoAnn's, and the headbands from Target. I used one headband that I already had.


The first headband was easy to make because these feathers were already attached to a tear-drop shaped piece of felt.
It basically blends in with my hair.
We bought a pack of feathers for this headband and had to arrange and glue them onto the felt ourselves.



I doubted that we could make the peacock feathers work when C bought them. They turned out so cute! I wish I would have bought some. She is going to wrap some black ribbon around the headband toward the bottom to
cover up the stick part of the feathers.

This was a very easy craft project! We had a lot of fun making them! Now, if I only knew what I could wear a feather headband with....


Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. neat, I made THE EXACT same ones you did including the peacock, and another one. sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are awesome!!! I love that you can do this

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow my friend! I am impressed:) yeah for you and your hair is gorgeous! u have the most beautiful hair ever! I love it and ps I love woodward park! LOVE IT:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! You are such the craftster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great. They totally look like the ones you see online or in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute.

    p.s. we have the same camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! i am taking a headband making class in a week. yay! some headbands on etsy sell for 30 - 40 bucks! are you kidding me???

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute! You should start a store ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never even heard of a feather headband but they're super cute - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...you DO have another friend named CHELsey, do you not? or am i making that up? perhaps you can suggest feather headbands for our next staff meeting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. o! those are so cute! thanks for sharing. i will definately look into making those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm totally going to attempt this. I had thought about it after being unable {I just couldn't do it!} to buy the ones at Urban as well. You made it look so easy...and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so awesome. I love it when people can make things for much cheaper than buying them. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those turned out great! My sister actually made the exact same ones about a month ago and I'm buying one from here! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can wear them with anything, dear, because you're just THAT fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are dang cute!!! Nice work!!

    And to counter the Chesley-confused... forever I didn't even notice it was Chesley and just assumed it was Chelsea. So I am the anti-spelling-police. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...