|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, April 17

Good Reads

I love to read, but lately I only seem to do it when I am travelling a lot. I cannot sit on an airplane without having a book to read. I have made several trips to the library this year. I love going to the library and browsing for books. I find so many good ones. Unfortunately, I will only allow myself to check out 2 at a time. If I check out more than that I never get them all read by the due date and I always forget to renew them online, so I end up with a fine.
So I have started taking pics of the books that I like with my phone. This way I remember the ones that I want to go back and get later. I also love it when other blogs give book recommendations. I always write the name of the book down, so that I can remember to check it out/buy it later.

Here are some of the books that I have read lately. Click on the name of the book to read a description--It will take you to the amazon page for it.

I read The Devil in the Junior League on my trip to Alabama.

I loved this book: Schooled by Anisha Lakhani.

Schooled reminded me a lot of The Nanny Diaries, which I also loved, so I checked this out from the library on CD and listened to it on my last recruitment road trip. (Don't judge the book based on the movie.)

I have never read a Jane Austen novel before. I always liked the idea of reading one. I tried a few times in high school, but could never get into them. I love all the movies based on her books, so I decided to give this book a try. I love being transported back into another era. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict.


Mojito Maven actually blogged about this book. I went online to the library's website to reserve the book and there was a 5 week wait on it. I figured it must be really good! I am about halfway through it and I really like it.
Bitter is the New Black

Schooled was my favorite out of this bunch of books. I'm hoping she has written other books. I'm off to search for that right now....
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I might actually take your reading recommendations. You seem to enjoy an easy chic lit book as much as I do. I don't like the dark and dreary books, that sort of thing happens in real life. I'm a cute cover kinda girl! And, I usually only read when I'm on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! I love Jen Lancaster's books. She is a riot. I bought Nanny Diaries at Dollar General randomly for like $3 but haven't gotten around to reading it. Glad to hear that it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds-Thanks so much for the recommendations! I just joined a book club (and am fixing to blog about it). I look forward to passing some of your suggestions on to my club! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm up for a good read for this summer...something besides all my baby books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need some new books too, i'll have to write these down!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading...I read every night before bed. It's soothing to me. I love mysteries though, especially forensic type, like Patricia Cornwell's books. LOVE them. Also Sue Grafton and Kathy Reichs (the show Bones is based from her books...funny though, I love her books, hate the show...I think they really "hollywood-ed" it up and dumbed down the characters..blah!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the "Nanny Diaries" when I read it, might have to look into "Schooled". Thanks for sharing your latest reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about reading "Schooled" and your post has pushed me over the egde...off to Borders :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jen Lancaster. If you haven't, you should check out her blog, Jennsylvania. Funny stuff. I've liked her other books too and am looking forward to the next one(Prety in Plaid). The Devil in the Junior League is on my list of books I want to read when I get to the point where I can read again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVEEEEEEEEE the Nanny Diaries!!!


    Ou if the others are like that I would wanna check them out. I def trust your taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a copy of Troop Beverly Hills to mail you if you're interested. Email me at blessyourheartctb@gmail.com with the address you want me to ship to. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those all sound so good. I love chic lit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the idea of taking pics of the books. good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice list! I am an obsessive reader! I LOVE Jen Lancaster and I also looked at Schooled for sometime! If you have not, try reading Jane Green. She is an older author but a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a librarian who LOVES to read. I liked your choices, I tried reading the Jen Lancaster book but couldn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another shot. Have you read any Jennifer Weiner books? She's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think we may be reading twins.

    i'm reading bitter right now!

    (and i've read the rest of those recently too!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the recommendations. I have been looking for a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to read - I am going to have to look into these recommendations.

    By the way, I always have to have a book on an airplane too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband and I both are readers--him more so than me at the moment though since I'm home recovering from surgery. We have a full page dedicated to our book reviews of what we've just read that you may find interesting:
    http://karen.pnn.com/6632-what-we-ve-just-read

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...