|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, April 7

Race Day=Photo Shoot

The school I work for held a 5K, 10K and fun run race on Saturday. Ty helped at it. He was assigned to the turn around point for the mile fun run to make sure people saw where to turn around and that they rounded the cone. I decided to get out and sit with him at his assigned spot. It was a pretty nice day, so I decided to take Nuts with me. There were lots of dogs at the race and Nuts loved it. That is until it was time for us to walk the half mile to Ty's assigned place. It was extremely windy outside. Nuts is scared of the wind. When its windy outside he will refuse to walk on his leash. He hunkers down on the ground and will not move. We ended up carrying him a lot. The school is located near a river and the turn around point was on a bridge over the river.


I thought it was so nice and of course had to take a picture to share with all of you.

Then Ty decided to take a picture of me with the river in the background. As soon as he snaps a picture of me I always have to look at it to make sure I didn't close my eyes or have hair in my face. (I know most of you do this too! Its the best and the worst part of a digital camera.) He decided to snap the picture with the apartments in the background. Not what I wanted...



So of course I made him take another one. You can tell how windy it was by looking at Nuts' ears. They are just flapping in the wind! This wasn't the background I wanted either...

One more picture to get the background I wanted and it turned out bad. I guess Ty knew what he was doing after all.


Since I have started this blog Ty has gotten quite used to my requests to take my picture. Sometimes he just smirks and sarcastically says, "Is this going on the blog?" and other times he actually volunteers to take my picture, like on this day, and then I make him take about 5 different pictures. Its not exactly his favorite thing in the world, especially when I yell at him from the living room when he is back in his office studying to come take a picture of me, usually with Nuts by my side. But he always does it! He is such a great husband!

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. The river view is beautiful!

    Mr B says exactly the same thing about my photos / stories etc. and always in a sarcastic voice... he pretends that he thinks my blog is stupid, but I know he reads it every day & secretly likes it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the pictures turned out great! nuts totally cracks me up :) so glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuts is hysterical! Every time KCC and I take a digital picture he refuses to let me see it because he knows I'll find somehing wrong and make him take 100 more! Your pics are too cute. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view! There is something so calming about being near water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny about Ty catching on to your need for pictures for your blog. Aaron does the same thing. Or, if he says something odd over dinner, he will ask me if I am going to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Nuts is too funny!

    L is used to my requests for pictures too. He never fails to snicker and say "Is this is a photo shoot for your blog?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe, what a fun family day...love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darin knows that anything he says or does is subject for blog material. It's a dangerous thing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, so true so true, and conversations where we're cracking up at something ridiculous, that's going on the blog isn't it? ha! the pictures are so cute...all of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha...your pictures did turn out well. Marty is trained. He'll take a picture of me and whoever and then automatically hand me the camera to see if I approve or not. We typically ALWAYS take another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Husband's of bloggers should start a support group! Everytime I ask Luke to take a picture for me he just rolls his eyes. I always think it is so rude :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging definitely makes you take the camera out more often doesn't it? But it's so fun to see the other people's photos! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! My fiance says the same thing about my photos and random stories or comments: "Is this going on the blog?" or when he does something funny/stupid he'll say "that better not go on the blog!" and of course it does!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband got me one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Digital-Grypton-Tripod-TG%252dGP3010/dp/B001DAERIC but it's pink. :) Oh, and around here, EVERYTHING is blog fodder.

    (Love Nuts's ears flapping in the breeze!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, our poor husbands should form a support group. They are constantly patient with our blogging shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha brent has had to live with my crazy picture taking for 7 years now!! he'll get use to it ! those pics are pretty by the river :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL "Is this going on the blog?" I think this is one of the most common questions in a marriage these day.

    My hubby asks it at least once a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!!! And omg you are SO much like me. Piper has to be included in all my pics!!

    Sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha, my BF always asks if pics I take are "for the blog" as well! Too funny! Lovely photos though, looks like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...