|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, April 9

Mouse-itis: Its a real thing!

I have self-diagnosed myself with mouseitis. I sit at a desk all day and most of the time my hand is on the keyboard or mouse. I have developed this pinching feeling around my neck on my right side. I am right handed--the hand that uses the mouse all day. Therefore I have mouseitis! I'm convinced its a technical medical term. Ty likes to say that I have a depressed 1st rib. tOEmato, tomAto.


I had no idea there were ribs near your neck. Ty worked on me a little yesterday, but the mouseitis is back. I need to make my desk more ergonomically correct. My desk chair is one of those huge executive chairs. I had it sitting pretty low so I was always holding my arm up high to reach the mouse. Ty couldn't comprehend why I had my chair so low. Well, I will tell you why: if I raise it and sit all the way back in my chair my feet don't quite lay flat on the ground. But I guess I would rather not touch the ground than have mouseitis.


I googled mouseitis to see if anyone else had this problem and to see if it had a technical name. Turns out the technical name is mouseitis and it is common, kinda like carpal tunnel. And here I thought I was being so cute and termed the name mouseitis! :)

{Happy Birthday Dad! Love you!}
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I can't believe its a real thing! The name is funny but sorry it sounds like no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that is a real term either. I liked it better when I thought you made it up! Hopefully you can get it fixed soon without having to have your feet hover over the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, you poor thing!! this post had me laughing out loud though...my new word today is "mouse-itis"

    Hope your mouseitis is healed soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah!! I'm shocked I haven't gotten this yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great! Now that i know about this condition I'm going to wonder if I have it 24-7!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's nuts! I hope your mouse-itis gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you are talking about I called it that too! How funny that its real name did it say what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, just yesterday I was telling Luke that something is wrong from me from how much I use my mouse and keyboard. I don't have pain in my neck though...just my fingers! Thats funny that the term mouseitis is real!
    SO looking forward to our get together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that it's a real thing! Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think there is one of those foot rests at the unused front desk. you should get that so you can touch the "ground." or do what i do and use a phone book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going through the same thing right now! I have been in pain all week!! I've switched my chair around, messed with the arm rests but I just can't figure out what to do! It hurts...no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you get over your mouseitis soon. when i had a desk job, i got one of those foot rests by fellows, they sell them at office depot. it really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i believed you coined it, ha! i'm sorry you're hurting, i hope the mouse-itis goes away very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do. Thanks for diagnosising my mouseitis. I just thought I had wimpy wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so funny! And funnier that I randomly have a a sharp pain in my right side of my neck lately as well and I had NO idea where it came from. Mouse-itis it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same condition, which originally developed back in '97, when I spend almost 18 hours a day for two months developing an application for a client. I've been doing a LOT of graphics and web design work lately, which requires heavy use of the mouse. My right shoulder, neck, and the upper right part of my back are in constantly agony. I, too, thought I'd coined the name 'mouseitis'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interestingly I thought I named my condition mouseitis when I doctor thought I had arthritis in my index finger and I told her no its not arthritis but mouseitis as it is my mouse finger. Never knew this was the unoffical name for it. Almost patent the name. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...