|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, October 11

Brrrr!

The tempatures have been unusually chilly for this time of the year. I got to wear a sweater and boots Friday night. I was so excited.


The cowl neck on that sweater pulls up into a hood. You know, in case you get really cold or something. ??? I tried to take a picture of it as a hood, but Ty walked in and laughed at me so I gave up.

I interviewed for a position within my company on Friday afternoon at 4:30. Isn't that an awful time?? I think it went well, but we shall see. I'm so thankful for those people who were thinking of me and praying for me. I didn't get a nervous, shaky voice once and I didn't sweat during the interview. (Usually, when I get nervous I sweat like crazy. I did sweat before the interview, but not during. TMI, maybe. But it was completely a God thing.)

Ty asked me what I wanted to do Friday evening and I told him to take me to dinner. He chose Steak and Shake. classy.

We shared one of these.

My brother would be so proud of Nuts. He is finally interested in chasing the light from a laser pointer. My brother's and sister's dogs both go crazy chasing the light at my parents house. Nuts is never interested in playing that game. Ty bought a pen light to use on his rotations and there is a laser pointer on one end. He got it out the other night and Nuts started going crazy.

Ty has also been sneaking around the corner and shining the light on me to see if I will notice. He thinks he is so funny.

The rest of my weekend:
*I spent Saturday working on a project that is almost complete and I will be sharing pics soon.
*Chesley came over and watched the OSU game with us. They won. Go pokes!
*Our neighbors invited us over for a cook out Saturday evening.
*Ty worked on a presentation Saturday night and I went to Chesley's to watch Grey's.
*I bought a pumpkin and a mum today. Love the colors.

*I currently have a mediterranean pot roast in the crock pot and chocolate chip cookies in the oven.
*I should be in my room organizing my closet and packing up my summer clothes, but instead I am blogging and perusing the internet. I need a professional organizer to come help me! Any takers??

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

38 comments:

  1. if i was closer i'd come help! :)
    the pic of you is cute!! i can't wait to wear boots and a sweater. the weather is freezing cold so i'll be getting a chance to do that soon ;)
    sounds like you had a great weekend!!
    keeping my fingers crossed for you about the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I could both use a professional organizer! I need some major help in this area!

    That milkshake looks so good, and I really want one now...and your pot roast sounds yummy! Recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and thinking happy thoughts for you and your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had the interview!! I am glad you think it went well...That pot roast sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! for cooler weather! In two weeks it has gone from 80s to 50s here in STL! Good luck with the interview!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweater! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and the job! Hope your weekend has been fabulous! = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute sweater! good luck with the job situation! and totally random but i love the comforter in the background of your pic- do you know where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well wishes on the job! Looks like you had a great weekend. The mums are beautiful. I think I might put some out next weekend. Nuts is PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Friday night dates with my husband! Even if it's Steak and Shake, haha! Good luck on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gonna drive Nuts nuts! Glad your interview went well- it always does with prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK that sweater is adorable! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love your sweater and boots! You look so pretty!

    I got to pull out my boots yesterday and was beyond excited, but it was fairly warm again today.

    That mum is gorgeous and Steak 'n' Shake has the best milkshakes - yum!

    Hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh that sweater is super cute! I'd love to know where it's from! Also, I love your picture of the mums and pumpkin...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weather is wonderful, isn't it? Very cute ensemble! I, also, sweat when I get nervous or am put on the spot. I get all red and hot and flushed and then sweat. Gross! Glad I'm not the only one, though. I hope you get the job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! YAY for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Every now and then, Steak and Shake just hits the spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad your interview went well even at such a dreadful time.

    Nuts seriously cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need a professional organizer too! That would be awesome. And I was just talking about the laser pointer yesterday and how I wondered if Banks would enjoy it. I'm going to give it a shot if I can find one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO wilth you on the sweating thing! lol, i don't even notice it until i leave the interview and then i'm lokd, omg! I also need to rotate from summer to fall.winter but i've been too lazy. for the past 2 weeks, i've have on of my huige rubbermaid tubs of winter clothes just sitting in our teeny bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now I am craving Chocolate chip cookies...yumm..and I know you workd so hard on yours

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the cowl neck sweater! Mediterranean pot roast sounds delicious! Hope you'll share the recipe. How did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your sweater and boots!!! Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those Steak-n-Shake shakes! Don't go often though, only for a treat! I keep thinking I should get some mums, they always look so nice in the fall! We watched the OSU game too--should have picked them to win for my office pool, picked LSU instead--big mistake. Not betting on college teams anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like quite the productive weekend! I love your pumpkin & mum. It already snowed here (???) so now plants for me, boo hoo! Your outfit is super cute & my bf would have probably teased me if he came in while I was photographing as well, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey so the other day I was at my college roommate Leah's house to have dinner with her and Tyler, and Tyler was like, hey how do you know the Sweet Simplicity Blog? I was like what? And apparently he's your cousin or something? Small world.... Cute sweater!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute pic - love that sweater! I wish it would stay cold here for longer than 2 days so I can switch my closet around for good!

    I hope you get some good news on your job intereview!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Umm, I love Steak & Shake..

    And a pot roast in the crock pot and chocolate chip cookies in the oven? You put me to shame, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Life is good girl! Delicious dinner waiting for you, sweater weather and funny dog! It doesn't get much better!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty mum!!! Good luck with the job! Hopefully we will get to read all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. We tried the lazer point on Tebow when he was little and you know what he did... looked right up at the pointer and gave us a look that said "I know where the light is coming from, why do you think its so funny?" I swear he is such a snot sometimes, and thinks Mr. Pro and I crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad your interview went well! And I totally sweat during interviews too-it sucks especially when you need to shake someone's hand and mine's all nasty-I get so embarrased!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like that sweater!

    I love when dogs chase random things. Sometimes mine will spazz when she sees a shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the versatility of that top! I wish it was cool enough to rock that look here. Still ridiculously hot I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm sure you rocked the interview! You should totally share that Mediterranean Pot Roast Recipe. Sounds yummy! Love your mum and pumpkin on the porch. I really like the pot the mum is in! See you this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  35. A casual striped tee always works well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the sweater, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've been looking for a sweater just like that! I just bought some boots and cant wait to wear them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...