|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, October 6

Road Warrior

September and October are my busy travel times at work. I am making at least one day trip per week and it seems like I have had an overnight trip once a week as well. I don't mind travelling. I usually enjoy it. Ty is usually pretty busy, so I don't usually get to spend a lot of time with him anyways. {Although, I do miss him and Nuts!}

A couple of weeks ago, I had a business meeting about 20 minutes from my parents house. I drove down the night before and stayed the night. I took Nuts with me. He is usually great in the car and will sit in the passenger seat and nap. This trip he was a bit whiney and ended up here:
Yes, I am barefoot. I hate driving with shoes on. Those who know me well, know that I hate wearing shoes. It is the first thing I take off when I get home from work. As soon as I sit down at my desk in my office my shoes come off. I hardly ever buy shoes that can't be slipped off easily.

And yes, I am wearing hot pink velour pants. I never pack pajamas when I go to my parents house. I have enough old clothes there to fill a closet. I always end up finding an old favorite and taking it home. I have been wearing these hideously bright pants every night since that trip. {Ty lovingly refers to them as my fat girl pants. You know, college girls wear them a lot and gain the freshman 15 because they have a lot of give in them and you don't even notice that you have gained weight.}

I survive all of my work trips that I drive to by listening to books on cd. I have been on a Mary Kay Andrews kick lately. The library has a ton of them on cd. She writes about Southern women and they usually have some sort of involvement with antiques and interior decorating.
My favorite:

I'm currently listening to:

Some Randoms:
  • Ty is on a surgery rotation this month. He loves it. There are a ton of strings on my coffee table where he has been practicing his sutures, knots, etc.
  • I love the weather and being able to save on heat/air.
  • When I travel I have a wireless aircard. It allows me to access the internet without paying for it or entering password. I have been reading blogs through google reader, but sometimes it doesn't run fast enough for me to go through process of leaving comments. But I have been reading!
  • I am loving this blog: Sincerely, Sara Cate. A few weeks after I started reading her blog, she was diagnosed with cancer. Sara Cate has an extremely postive outlook and amazing spirit.
  • And this blog: Holy Shih-Tzus! She is an IRL friend.
  • I have started my birthday list and it is a month away. Its never too early, right??
Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. my friend's dog rides in the that same spot alllll the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the only way that Foxy will ride in the car with me. She has to be on my lap all curled up under the steering wheel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog! I found it from PinkSass!

    http://pammycakes-pammycakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just how the Boom rides! She has to be in someone's lap - if she's in her crate she goes apeshit and usually ends up making herself sick! Probably not the safest place for her to ride but I love driving with the little cuddle bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drive barefoot too! No dog on my lap though.

    Your blog is so much fun... I love all your "randoms" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I just read Sincerely, Sara Cate's blog in its entirety. Thank you for getting the word out about this amazing, strong woman. I can't say I would have an ounce of the strength or class that she does if I was going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nuts is so cute!! He just needed his momma :) I also hate shoes and never have them on unless I'm walking outside. Yay for your bday coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visiting your blog - it's so cute! I've read Hissy Fit and it was really cute. I didn't know about the others - can't wait to get to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tyke ALWAYS rides in my lap! I've thought about getting a booster for him that goes in the passenger seat, but I'm pretty sure it'd be a waste of $$$. I never drive w/ shoes either and I ALWAYS kick my heels off at work. Good to know I'm not the only one! : ) Safe travels the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when I pup sits like that!! Also, cute hoodie -- I have the same one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to find clothing items when I went back home, then my room turned into Maxton's room and I have no idea where they went! Love the freshman 15 fat girls pants! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the pink pants :)

    Dixie rides the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my dog definitely sleeps on my lap while I drive too! The boyf tries to keep her in the passenger seat but she just can't bear to not be sleeping on me for some reason!

    And I love to be barefoot too, I always take my shoes off right when I come in the house and sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nuts is SO cute! I drive with my shoes off too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nuts is just so cute!

    My dogs would love to sit in my lap when I drive, but I don't let them because I'm too freaked out that there will be an accident and that they'll be killed by the air bag.

    I see nothing wrong with "comfy pants!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do the exact same thing with my shoes! Hope your having a great night! = )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Books on CD are a great idea for long road trips. I get so bored. Maybe I need to purchase a few for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nuts is so cute riding in your lap! How adorable!

    Those pants look really, really comfortable and perfect for a long drive. Maybe I should get some...

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pants! Ha-Ha! And I hate driving with shoes on too, and when I used to have a little dog he would do that too. Now my dog can't fit in my lap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best travel companion ever! Keeping his mama warm! So cute! If you make it back out to my parts for work give me a shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute, he is riding in your lap!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never too early to start the birthday planning process!!! Mine is at the end of November and I'm workin' on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i always drive barefoot too! like, always, never hardly ever do i drive in shoes. i feel like i can't feel how far i'm pushing the pedals etc.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Lindsey!I'm Brazilian, so I was looking for Brazilian Recipes and I found the picture of your Mushroom Parmesan. Pretty Cool Blog with nice tips! Thanks! - Renata Pryor

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's never too early to start your bday list! You're so cute! and so is your dog!

    Stay well. Your blog is guilty pleasure =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Mary Kay Andrews books! I'm reading Deep Dish now and it mentions my hometown! haha

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for your kind words and support! Today is a good day - enjoying some R&R at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey thanks for all the great information on this blog. I don't have a blog yet but I'm writing for a website right now. I'm just very new to
    the blogging and Internet writing thing, but if you want, you can check out some of my articles! Thanks a lot and I hope we can become
    blogging buddies sometime when I start a blog.

    World of Warcraft Goblin Race
    Cutting Down Trees
    Plants World

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...