|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, October 25

Mediterranean-Style Pot Roast

I wrote about a roast I was cooking last week and several of you asked for the recipe.
Mediterranean-Style Pot Roast
(from the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, but slightly altered)
Ingredients
(1) 2-3 lb. boneless beef chuck pot roast
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 med. onion, sliced
(1) 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes w/basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dried herbes de Provence, crushed (I have never found this in the store and have never used it.)
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (Ty doesn't like this, so I use it only on my portion.)
Directions
1. Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
2. Place onion in cooker; top with meat. In a bowl combine undrained tomatoes, olives, Worcestershire sauce, herbes de Provence and pepper; pour over meat in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
4. Plate the meat and spoon juices over it. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
*We also add carrots and potatoes to this before slow cooking. Basically it is roast with a slightly different taste.
Sorry I don't have any pictures. It looks like roast with olives and feta cheese. :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. MMMMMMmmmm sounds soo good! Anything with feta has to be delicious. How can anyone hate that stuff?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be so easy to make the veg. version of!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very good...I definitely like the feta cheese part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering!! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious...I'm adding this to our menu for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so good. May need to make that asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds so different yet so yummy!!
    thanks for sharing sweet girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe sounds so good! I love pot roast when the weather is cooler. It's the perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...