|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, October 20

NBA & old friends

When I was in college I had an internship with the New Orleans Hornets. They were displaced in OK after hurricane katrina. It was the best internship ever! I met some amazing people. When you work in the NBA you spend a lot of time with your coworkers and you get to be quite close to them.

My old boss at the Hornets took a job with the Thunder. He got tickets for me and another girl that I interned with, Kasey. She and I went to dinner before the game and got caught up on each others lives.
This collage is for Chesley.

When I interned for the Hornets I would get free tickets. Chesley came to a few games and loved Air Hugo. When Air Rumble came out I immediately thought of her.

Kasey and I after the game.

We hung around after the game to see Jason and some other people that I worked with that now work for the Thunder. It was so weird to be on the court and behind the scenes again. I saw all the players getting scanned (for guns, metals, bombs??) before they boarded the bus home. I met a lot of the Thunder staff. It made me miss the NBA. {But not the long work hours.} It is such an incredible and fun atmosphere. There is so much excitement and adrenaline in the air.

My old boss, Jason

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like nice people you worked with. Must have a lunch date soon, little missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...that looks like one awesome job you had! Hope your having a great week! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how fun! what a neat job. so fun to meet up with old great coworkers and catch up. such cute pics, glad you got to go and have such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun job!! I sometimes wish I worked where I could meet really fun / cool people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lindsey thanks for making such an amazing collage!! I miss Air Hugo.....I guess Air Rumble will be my new obsession! I also miss you working for the Hornets! We had so much fun going to the games.....but if you still worked for them you wouldn't live by me....So I lied I don't miss that you no longer work for them! I heart you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to work for the NBA too! Seeing your pics makes me miss it...and i know what you mean about the long hours. Cool pics though! And i love your blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun!!!! nba games are such a defferent experience than college its so interesting its like a circus-they have so much going on other than the game (music, dancers, fan-games) sounds like an awesome experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! The Thunder mascot totally reminds me of Teen Wolf - you may be too young to remember that movie (classic Michel J. Fox), but I always laugh when I see that mascot! And , I am with Chesley, the blow-up guys always give me a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also interned with an NBA team and loved it. Detroit Pistons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute pics! :)

    I forgot to reply to ya... we went to El Guapo! It wasn't as good as it has been in the past :(

    something for ya on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun job!! Oh, and yes - got my first SL issue this week! LOVE it, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I love live sporting events :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those NBA people work crazy hours! But it would be fun for a short season of life like you did it. I need to go to a Thunder game this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing experience you had for an internship!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun!! That must have been such a fun job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cool internship! its great that you stay in contact with them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the best internship I have heard of in a long time. I bet it was so much fun - I don't think I'd have ever wanted to leave!

    Love the pictures, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...