|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, October 28

Help me recreate...

The best part about this busy work time is the free lunches we provide on med school applicant interview days. We have a fantastic catering company that we use for every meal.

My favorite meal is the Sweet Basil Chicken with brown rice.
It. is. AMAZING.


Sometimes there is enough left over for me to take home for dinner.

This is where you all come in.
Anyone ever made anything like this before?
I would kill for a similar recipe.

Here is the description from their website:
Sweet Basil Chicken - a sweet chili sauce spiked with basil coating a tender grilled chicken breast.

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. unfortunately i can't help you recreate it. but GIRL, i am jealous of the lunches!! we send our md applicants with students to the cafeteria for lunch. so no lunch for us :(

    good luck figuring out how to recreate it! i'm going to post a pumpkin dessert on my blog today - it may be a good dessert after your recreation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no help either, but it sure looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to know without tasting the dish, but what about this recipe? http://notecook.com/main-course/chicken/sweet-basil-chicken/
    You could adjust the heat and the sweetness depending on how much jalepeno and honey you use. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! If you find a recipe, please share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how to re-create it, but I'd definitely love to see what you come up with. It looks delicious and it sounds like so much fun to have all of those great lunches. So jealous of your job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet chili sauce - the BEST one I've found is the Mae Ploy sauce.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Chilli-Sauce-Ploy-Each/dp/B000OQ4NCQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1256891715&sr=8-3

    I used to work in a hotel, which is where I learned about this. The executive chef said that most places that use a sweet chile sauce use this one. SO, I'm thinking maybe a marinade of this spiked with basil?

    (it's SO GOOD on tempura shrimp too, fyi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free lunches are the best, espcially yummy free lunches. The Sweet Basil Chicken sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I actually make something similar to this: you can buy sweet chili sauce at the grocery store with the stir frys and such, and then chop up fresh basil and mix it together. Maybe that will work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’d beloved to speak with that too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...