|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, May 27

CSN & a yummy recipe

I will be doing a review of a CSN store product in the upcoming weeks and I'm so excited! They have absolutely everything on their site and a lot of the items have free shipping. I love websites that offer free shipping!

Now onto the recipe that you must make ASAP! (I'm the oldest child, hence the bossiness.)

Steak Fajitas

Not just any steak fajitas, the best steak fajitas.
IMG_4431

Rachel from In No Simple Language has started a regular post entitled Menu Monday. She and her husband cook the most amazing meals, and yes I did say and her husband. He plans and cooks 2-3 meals a week. What a lucky woman!

She posted this fajita recipe a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't wait to try it.

Fajita Ingredients:
1 lb of steak flank
3 plum tomatoes
big bunch of cilantro
1 lime
2 small white onion
1 avocado
pinch of sea salt
flour tortillas
2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Marinade Ingredients:
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1-2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano
2 limes, juiced
4-5 cloves garlic minced


Begin by marinating your steak. I marinated mine the night before and it was soooo good and it made cooking the recipe the next day so easy and quick.

Chop up all tomatoes, cilantro, and 1 onion and mix in bowl. This will be your pico de gallo . Squeeze half a lime over it and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate until it's time to eat. ( I didn't make the pico de gallo, but wanted to include this from the original recipe in case others wanted to make it.)

Cut your other onion into strips. Brown in pan with olive oil. When they're brown, cover with foil to keep them warm.

Grill your steak to your liking. When it's done, let it cool for a few minutes, then cut in slices against the grain.

Slice your avocado.

Fill tortilla shells with 2-3 pieces of steak, pico de gallo, onions, a few slices of avocado, a few leaves of cilantro (if you didn't make the pico) and a squeeze of lime and eat!

14 comments:

  1. YUM! I LOVE steak fajitas. We'll sometimes have leftovers & I turn it into a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl that looks good!!!! Makes me hungry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fajitas look delicious!! And that marinade sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM..and your baby shower was GREAT!!! Cudo's to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Isn't that marinade the greatest?! I use it on ALL steaks now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That marinade sounds incredible. Those fajitas and some 'ritas would make the perfect meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks delish! will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only does the recipe look great, but I am SO JEALOUS of your orange Pottery Barn plates... we registered for those, even though they were seasonal items, and didn't receive them - I've always kicked myself for not just pulling the trigger myself - I LOVE those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this! It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CNS Stores are seriously insane. They HAVE soooo much to pick from and so reasonably priced!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, those look SO good! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...