|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, May 11

One more year

With graduations happening all around me and our medical school graduation this week, I can't help but think ahead to Ty's graduation next year. Only one more year of medical school?? Where has the time gone? Sometimes it feels like we have been in this place in our lives forever and other times it feels like it just started yesterday.

Three years ago, we both received our bachelors, got married two weeks later and two weeks after the wedding moved to a new city.
graduation07

A city that I did not want to end up in. I was hoping that Ty would choose to go to the other medical school in our state. It is in a city that I was more familiar with and had hopes of an NBA job there. I had interned with the Hornets and had hoped they would stay in OK or that a new team would be brought in. A new team was brought in, but I can't imagine us in that city or me in that job anymore.

God truly provides. I moved to a new city not knowing very many people with a husband who would be studying non-stop. While I was excited to start a new life with Ty, I was very nervous.

My best friend and roommate from college happened to apply to graduate school in my new city and after much debate decided to attend that school. I was beyond ecstatic.
graduation-1 07
Chesley moved into the same apartment complex as us, just a few buildings down. It was perfect! We didn't have cable that first year to save money, but Chesley did. I would just walk down the lawn to her apartment. We spent a lot of nights eating mexican food and going to the ridiculously cheap (but new releases) movie theater. Ty, Chesley and I became the three musketeers!

I started a job with a city owned company and did catering in hopes of moving up at their corporate headquarters. I wound up hating that job. A position opened up at Ty's medical school and my first day was during his orientation week. It could not have worked out more perfectly. The job was made for me and I have learned so much and made so many friends. It turned out I was not the only wife of a first year medical student in my office and became fast friends with Whitney. It was so nice to have someone to bond with not only over work, but our husbands were going through the same things.

We found a great church where we are needed and I fell in love with this city. Isn't it amazing how God works?!

As Ty is deciding what to specialize in and where to set up rotations for the next year, I keep reminding him and myself of all the these things. Yes, it is scary to think that we could move to Chicago, Oregon, or even Brooklyn, but ultimately I know God has a plan for us.

25 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made living in a new city such a positive experience! We're finishing up third year too, and I'm looking forward / nervous about where we might end up for DH's residency. I enjoy your posts about life as a med school wife, it's always good to see someone else who understands what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things worked out! It is funny how things we are so nervous about just have a way of working out :)

    http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should totally stay here!!!! DUH :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you go to oregon, i will totally visit you! my husband is from there and it's beautiful. But, i can totally understand not wanting to move! It is definitely hard to think about it, but you're right, HE has a plan and it will be the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How liberating to know you are taken care of in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How liberating to know you are taken care of in life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reminder of our God's care and provision! Can't wait to see where he takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like just yesterday we were talking about your wedding plans! I can't believe we live fairly close and never see each other! Keep the same attitude through planning for your next move during rotations!! It will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny how things work out! With your positive attitude you'll do fine wherever y'all end up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how things all work out, isn't it? The city we live in is one I NEVER thought I'd move to. NEVER! You are right when you said He has a plan! And I'm sure He laughs at us when He hears our plans! We have no idea what He's got in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's amazing!

    God is good - you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will all work out! One of my best friends husband just finished up and they are moving to Miami--which is far away from Dallas. I'll miss them so much, but, how exciting that you all might get to move to a whole new city and experience all that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's going to work out the way it always does! and what wonderful adventures you get to go on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your story! Change is always scary -- but so often things work out just perfectly in the end. Excited to hear where Ty will be doing rotations! I love Chicago (and Oregon is pretty cool too).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uncertainty is always a bit unsettling, but you're right, God has an amazing plan for y'all and you'll be just where He wants you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great outlook on life. God puts us where he needs us and it's fun to look back on and understand why, which we may not have at the time. I hope your next adventure will be as wonderful as it was in this city!

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. Forgot to mention that I wasn't able to make it to the tea place :( It's too bad because it looked adorable! We didn't have much time in San Fran. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you have taken everything in stride and focused on the positives!! I can't wait to see where you guys end up next year and the adventures in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your blog! My husband is in his residency now, but after going thru med-school and residency match together, I know exactly how you are feeling! The process is nuts, but it always works out! Good luck to you and Ty as he decides on a specialty. And if you need anyone to talk to along the way, feel free to email me (especially if Ty decides to go into radiology--my husband's specialty).

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes yes yes! God truly provides :) glad i found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great example of God's faithfulness and provision. He is so good! Loved this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have faith that good things are in store for you for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, one thing is certain - you will surely make great friends wherever you go.

    Some of our best friends we met when they came the SA for med school. They've since moved away, and we miss them dearly, but certainly loved the time we had with them.

    I'm sure God has great things in store for you and Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GirlFRAN, you best keep your little hiney HERE. Got me?? I expect you to stay, get pregs, have a baby, and have play dates with me every single week. Hear that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...