|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 25

Baking Saturdays

My Saturdays are usually spent baking, cleaning and running errands. (And lots of napping with my BFF!) I like to put off all my household chores until Saturday. Basically I am too lazy during the week to get them done!

I made no-bake cookies Saturday afternoon. I don't think I have ever made them before. My mom used to make them when we were little. They are the easiest things! I am going to start making them more often.
I went to the library Saturday after lunch. I love the library! I know, I know I am such a nerd! This was my first time to check out a DVD. I had never seen Some Like it Hot before. Probably because it was released two years after my popsicle was born. (you know my dad, have you ever seen Wicked? Well, I am obsessed with the play and Glenda the Goodwitch calls her mom and dad, momsy and popsicle.) The movie was in black and white. It was a very cutesy, corny movie and I loved it!
If you are looking for a good book, check out Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I am reading this book for a second time. I love it. It's based on the book Hosea from the B-I-B-L-E.


My Saturday, Partner in Crime! He killed his turkey! It looks all sad and deformed!

My Monday morning started early--before the sun was up! I took Nuts out this morning and this was what I saw: a gorgeous T-town sunrise!

7 comments:

  1. Fun Pix! :) I love them. And I love no bake cookies. I love them more than you will ever know. They are my FAVORITE! Bring me one. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out my blog to see what i did all weekend...unfortunately, it left us too tired to fix your enchiladas, but they are on the menu for tonight. nuts looks so sad about killing his turkey. "why did i do it? why????"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made No Bake Cookies for the first time last week! They were pretty easy and I have a happy husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save all my household duties for the weekend too. I just don't have the energy after working a full day.

    I am reading Redeeming Love too! However, if I am being honest, I am not enjoying it that much. I am bored with it and haven't picked it up in several weeks. It came highly recomended from my aunt and grandma though - they LOVED it. I guess its just not my style of book. Glad you are liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy yummy cookies. Darn it now I want them too!! I also love Francine Rivers...Redeeming Love is fantastic. Sounds like a great weekend to me!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful sunrise! Early mornings are my favorite time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics! the sunrise is gorgeous. and i love the no bake cookies! i learned how to make those from my pastor's wife when we were in oklahoma. she had four teenage boys, so she made them a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...