|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, August 26

Vintage Finds

I visited Guthrie yesterday in between meetings at UCO. Guthrie was Oklahoma's first state capitol. The city was founded during the Oklahoma Land Run in 1889. It is a very historic place. It has a unique downtown shopping area with lots of antique stores. My boss and I only had time to visit two antique stores and a chocolate shop. I found so many great items. Beautiful dishes, tablecloths, old windows, etc. I had to refrain myself. I can't wait to go back and spend a whole day perusing the aisles of the antique stores. I love small towns with unique downtown areas. I grew up in a small town with no stop lights. That's right all you city folk, NO stop lights. We had one main street and while I loved growing up in Elgin I always wished we had a historical downtown area. Elgin is growing by leaps and bounds but it will never have that charming area. (We got a Sonic when I was in college--it was a big deal!)



See the Chocolates and Coffee store. I love me some chocolates!



1898--I adore old doorways.

My vintage find--an old tablecloth!

I have some red plates that will look great with this! Don't you love it!?!

**I have great news! My flooring is going to be installed Saturday! After weeks and weeks without flooring in my kitchen it is finally going in! I can't wait to pick up the sheets that have been lying on the floor protecting our feet from rough concrete and sticky adhesive! I will have pictures up next week of the new floors!!**

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love small, quaint towns?!?!

    I wanted to tell you that you "re-inspired" me to pick up Redeeming Love again. I read some of it yesterday and actually did enjoy it. I am going to try to stick out till the end. Thanks! I'll let you know what I think when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guthrie is just so cute! I want to wander around there too! The tablecloth is a great find, I love the colors!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table cloth!! So cute! I can't wait to see your new floor. I bet you're getting excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you were so close to us! You certainly captured pictures of the historic areas. Guthrie has many little sandwich shops that have the greatest food. Many are only open for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful architecture and tablecloth. Wow, love it. I adore chocolate stores too, it's hard to get me to leave!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...