|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, August 18

One is the Lonliest Number

Its official, Medical School started today. I am so sad, tear! My husby is now back to studying for 4-5 hours a day. That is after a full day of classes! I never appreciated how much training doctors go through until now. I am experiencing it first hand. Medical students are constantly under stress, deprived of sleep, and are sheltered. Sheltered because they do not get to experience the real world. Ty's schedule is school from 8-5, then come home eat dinner and relax for about 2 hours and then hit the books at 7 until who knows when. We all know I am a grandma and have to get my beauty sleep, so I'm not sure what time he comes to bed. Probably around midnight. Oh, and then he studies all day Saturday. I'm talking gets up at 6 a.m and studies until 4 or 5. The same thing on Sunday, except he does break for church. Although I have seen him writing down medical related things on the bulletin. (Don't tell him I said that!)

So, now I am all alone. Just me and my bff, Nuts!

The picture above is him as a puppy, so small and sweet. Anyways, he becomes my bff once Ty starts to hit the books. Maybe I need to get out more!?! Now that it is school time, I will be travelling for work a lot more and I will get to start up some new projects at home like sewing, reading and of course, my t.v. shows will be starting up soon. It is amazing how addicted I became to t.v. once Ty started school last year.

I am glad Ty is doing something that he loves and I am lucky enough to have a job that I love so for now we are content. But man, I can't wait to have a household with 2 salaries! Or just one that is big enough to support us both and a baby! wink, wink. NO, I am not pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant anytime soon, but there is nothing wrong with planning ahead!

***Check out The Glamorous Life of a Housewife for a great giveaway.*** She has the cutest site and is giving away an adorable apron! My favorite new thing to collect...I hope I win!!

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya! So sad for us now that husbys are back in school. We need to find a new class to take this fall - like cake decorating or something. We will become such well rounded wives once our husbys graduate with all these domestic classes we are taking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - that sounds like so much work for your hubby! I think its cool that he has to drive and will power to committ himself to studying like that...I know my hubby would be distracted and probably not get much done but then I guess you don't have a choice when you are in med school! My hubby works like atleast one weeknight and every Saturday and I have to say that sometimes I do enjoy the alone time. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but man its nice to come home some nights and veg/clean/cook/whatever all by myself! Anyway, enough rambling...enjoyed your post and am glad you have your doggy to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh i can totally relate. zack is back in school now, and things with the college group are really picking up. i spend a majority of my time with my dog, fez, at the dog park...

    well, while you're uno without the hubby, you can be a part of the swap we're doing! so hurry on over and sign up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...