|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, August 15

Going for the Gold

This post was inspired by the Olympics. I have been watching them every night. Although I can't stay up late enough to catch everything! I love the gymnastics (Is anyone else bothered by their hair scrunchies?) and swimming and can't wait for track to start.

Ty is president of the family medicine club at the med school. His club hosted a dinner last night for all the incoming students and their families. They had food and games. But not just any boring old game: Pseudo Sumo Suits! My sorority rented these once for an event and they are so much fun. I couldn't wait to try them out last night.
Getting velcroed in. Notice how Ty's legs stick out of the suit and mine are completely covered up. He is a full foot taller than me. Also notice how much skinnier his sumo suit looks than mine. I'm telling you if I only was a few inches taller, I would look so much skinnier. Does anyone else have this problem!?!

Check out my belly button!

Wedgie Time!

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!

"Tyyyyyyyyy. "
I'm sure that is what I was saying. Some of you have heard me use that phrase several times in my whiney, little voice when I am unhappy with whatever the situation may be.

We had such a good time! You also just got a sneak peak at my new hair color. I will post better pictures of it next week.

Today is my one year anniversary at my job where I do recruitment and advisement for OSU's medical school. I have been so blessed to work where Ty's goes to school. I believe that it has really helped us stay more in tune with each other. As a med student he is constantly studying and always under stress. This can put a strain on any marriage, but working at the school has given me a better understanding of what he is going through. Thus, helping our marriage. Besides, this job being great for my marriage I absolutely love it. I am getting to help students achieve their dreams of coming to medical school. I get to plan huge events for the school. (Which is probably my favorite part.) I work with great people and have made great friends. It is a fantastic working environment where everyone truly cares about each other. I am very lucky!

On a sad note, my Papa (my dad's dad) passed away Wednesday night pretty unexpectedly. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

  1. LINDSEY BINDSEY BANANA FANNA FO FINDSEY, I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Okay, so I want to see more pictures of it NOW since I won't see you until Monday! So cute, so cute.

    And you guys CRACK me up in the suits. Did you happen to video it?

    Praying for you and your family this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when we did that? I was beating you, but you said just let me push you down once. Well being the great sister I am, I said okay....stupid of me because you pushed me OFF of the mat and I hit my head on that hard floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such fun pictures! Also, love love love your hair.

    So sorry to hear about your loss, I'll say a prayer for your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those suits are hilarious! I've never seen anything like it! Trust me, I'm 5'9" and I still don't look skinny. Maybe that's because I just love yummy things way too much. Oh well! Sorry to hear about your dad's father. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is hysterical but looks so fun!

    Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving watching the Olympics as well, although I don't like that they are on so late...But what I do get to see I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those suits look like soooo much fun!

    I heard about your granddad from Mom. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tall people have a distinct advantage in sumo suit wrestling. anyone under 5' 5 should get some kind of handicap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...