|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, August 28

Ew, E.Coli!

For those of you who don't live in Oklahoma, there has been an e.coli outbreak in the northeastern part of our state. It is centered around Locust Grove and the surrounding areas. They still haven't traced it back to one particular item of food. At least 41 people have been hospitalized and one person is dead. I never know people that are affected by these kinds of things, but my parents just so happened to eat at one of the surrounding towns, Pryor, last Thursday. My dad has the e.coli! Poor dad! He has been so sick! He is feeling better than he did earlier in the week. Luckily, my mom has not gotten sick and I think she has made it past the incubation period.

One of my friends is originally from Locust Grove. She and her husband just happened to go home to visit family this past weekend. Thank goodness they did not eat at the main restaurant with this problem. Unfortunately, her husband's grandpa did and has been infected. She said this restaurant, The Country Cottage, has the nicest owners and they even catered her wedding. It is a sad situation for everyone involved.

Please pray for everyone that has been affected by this. There are several children in the hospital with kidney failure because of this. I had food poisoning once in college (from McDonald's, just in case you were wondering). It was the worst thing ever and it was just a small case. Have you ever had food poisoning? Do you know anyone that has been affected by this outbreak?

Sorry for the lack of pictures today, but I'm sure you didn't want to see any pictures that would relate to this topic! Your welcome!

6 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I found your blog thru Whitneys. I am orignally from Pryor and am shocked by this news also. I had my rehearsal dinner there and my husband loves to eat there everytime we go home to visit. The guy who died was a friend of mine from high school and I was very saddened by the news. He had just gotten married in June and my heart breaks for his wife. My grandma also ate there last week and is on medication right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E Coli is the worst. :( So sad, so sad.

    And your poor, poor popsicle. :(

    Makes you nervous to go out to eat, huh?! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O geez - I hope your dad gets better soon. I have never had this but my uncle did once from eating an easter egg that laid in the sun too long (before an easter egg hunt) and he was SO sick. He still can't eat an egg and that was MANY years ago.

    What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuck! those poor people. i got food poisoning last fall and had to go to urgent care. i still don't know what caused it, but i think it was this nasty package of donuts i got out of the work vending machine. if someone had offered to kill me while it was going on, i would have taken them up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor dad! I hope he feels better soon. I have had food poisoning once, but it was over quickly and I can't imagine being sick for longer...it was awful! I really hope they get to the bottom of this, soon!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had food poisoning once, and it was awful! For years I couldn't drive by the restaurant where I'd eaten or even hear its name without feeling ill. What I had wasn't anything like e. Coli, though, so I really feel for your poor dad. Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...