|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, August 21

Recipe: Sour Cream Enchiladas

This was a favorite meal of my family's growing up. I love to make it now because the leftovers taste great! And I am not a fan of leftovers!

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs. ground beef


  • 1 onion


  • 1 can cream of chicken soup


  • 1 small can evaporated milk


  • 8 oz. Velveeta cheese


  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning


  • 1 small carton sour cream


  • 1 small can chiles (optional)


  • 10 flour tortillas

As you can see this dish is extremely cheesy! I had to take a few enchiladas out of the dish so you could tell what it was. I do not add the onion or the chiles, because I am an extremely picky eater.

Directions:

  • In a sauce pan, over low heat, heat soup, milk, sour cream and cheese until melted. Stir frequently.


  • While that mixture is melting, brown beef with onion, drain and add taco seasoning.


  • Heat tortillas in microwave until soft.


  • Fill tortillas with meat mixture and spoon a little bit of the cheese mixture on there as well and roll up.


  • Place in a 9X13 baking dish (spray the dish with PAM first) and cover with the cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
    I always have some cheese mixture left over to eat with tortilla chips while I am waiting on the enchiladas to bake! It is yummy!

For all you working gals: Try this: Stouffer's Skillets. I only like the Chicken and Vegetables one. They have an alfredo dish as well but we didn't like it as much. It takes about 15 minutes to cook and all you have to do is throw it in a skillet. This is what we had for dinner last night. We love it! (But it really only feeds two people.)



8 comments:

  1. MMM don't you love those dinners you throw in a pan and 15 mins later you have a delicious meal? We love the chicken stir dry one (I'm not sure which brand it is). I feel like I am "cheating" when I do stuff like that but sometimes after working an 8 hour day, thats all we have energy for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man oh man, I've GOT to make those enchiladas! I love a cheesy sauce like that. MMMM! I can't wait to make them. Thanks for sharing.

    You and your stouffers......

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavens. If I still had a gallbladder those pictures would kill me! :) But since I dont... I'll have to try this. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have any onion-heavy recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy! Thanks so much for posting this, it looks delicious! Yumm... anything with velveeta makes me happy!

    I'll have to go shopping and try that this evening... I haven't had good enchiladas in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds good. I have been craving some good Mexican food. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy! I am a huge fan of Mexican food and these look fantastic! Thanks for the recipe! And thanks for visiting me today!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made my stomach growl! I've tried the Stouffer skillets before. We like the chicken and veggies. Lillian likes it so it makes for an easy meal. You're right it really only feeds 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...