|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, July 15

A Huge Mess

We moved into our house on May 24. We bought a brand new washer and dryer. A few days later we discovered that there were some electrical problems with the dryer plug in. After a couple of weeks without doing laundry we finally broke down and decided to wash our clothes at our house and then take them to the laundry mat to be dried. I washed one load and discovered that the washing machine was leaking water. In fact it came underneath the wall into our kitchen. Ty called a plumber to come check things out the next day. The plumber discovered that our drain pipe was broken. Thank goodness we have insurance! But due to all the storms Tulsa had been having it took forever for an adjustor to contact us. After several long weeks, the plumbers are back at our house fixing the problem. We have done laundry at a laundry mat, Chesley's house, and our parents' houses. Luckily, I am used to going longs periods of time without doing laundry. I hated doing laundry in college and would always wait until I went home to do it.

In order to fix the drain pipe the plumbers had to jackhammer my kitchen floor. Ty said it was the loudest noise ever! The plumbers will be back this afternoon. JCPenney's had an emergency yesterday afternoon and our plumbers were called away to work all night over there. My dad fixed the dryer problem the last time he was here. So hopefully in a few days our washing machine will be working and we can do laundry for the first time in our new house. I have never been so excited to do laundry in my whole life!
Here is what my kitchen looks like right now:



Nuts is so curious! He wanted to know what was going on!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That is crazy! Sorry you have a hole in your kitchen. I would totally fall in it if it was at my house.

    You should go eat at Mahogany and see if they'll pay for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell nuts not to jump in........he is too close to the hole its making me nervous! Loved having dinner the past two nights with you guys!!! Fun times!! Tonight is Mcnellies Wednesday!! You should come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the high cap washer and dryer are available at the Groove Time Lounge! i'll give you an oSu medicine discount.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...