|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, July 17

A Few of My Favorite Things

You know that question, "If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three things with you, what would they be?" And you can't answer with a boat, cellphone, or anything else that would almost guarantee rescue. I would have to have an endless supply of sunscreen, because I burn so easily. I would also have to have mascara. Sounds silly, right? But you would be amazed what makeup can do to a girl!

Mascara is the one thing that I cannot live without. And there is only one kind that does the job right: DIOR blackout mascara, sold only at Sephora. The best store ever. Last year for my birthday they held a VIP night. Okay, so it wasn't held in honor of my b-day; it was just a coincidence. Mom and I went and it was the best birthday ever. They handed out cute tote bags, $25 gift cards, samples, hors d'oeuvres, and champagne. It was amazing! It was every girls dream!

The other thing that I love from Sephora is Urban Decay Primer Potion. This stuff makes my eyeshadow stay on all day. You know how sometimes your eyeshadow fades during the course of the day? Well, not with this stuff on first! I think I should say right now that I am not being paid to do advertising for anything mentioned in the post. I just really love makeup and makeup tips! You can also wear this primer under your lipstick and it makes it last for hours and hours.

I also love Bare Minerals. Almost everyone I know uses this foundation. Really, everyone I know: my mom, sister, aunt, two sister-in-laws, almost all of my closest friends, my boss, two other ladies I work with, the list goes on and on. What would piece of makeup could you not live without? Let me know what you use I would love to check it out!

On a side note, my kitchen is still a mess (see the post below). They are making the hole bigger today! Crazy, crazy!

9 comments:

  1. thanks for the make up tips! i was JUST thinking to myself this morning, i need new foundation, powder, mascara...should i stick with clinique, or try something else? thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I've got to get me some of that primer. I was just noticing yesterday at like 3:30 how your eyeshadow looked like you had JUST put it on! Hmmm...I think you are fooling us and reapplying it every hour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should totally never admit that a VIP event is not in your honor!

    i got some lorac awards show glow bronzer...i *LOVE* it. it's a mousse so it's good for dry skin. it also is sparkly. i also like benefit talk to the tan for face. here is my last beauty update:

    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=51564492&blogMonth=3&blogDay=13&blogYear=2008

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, the full link appears to disappear. copy and past in parts if u want to look!

    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?

    fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=

    51564492&blogMonth=3&blogDay=13

    &blogYear=2008

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over randomly to your blog but I have to say I cannot live without eyeliner. I need it...to function. Hah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and thanks for sharing valuable makeup tips. I just came across a makeup school site and found similar useful makeup tips and also they are providing the training in image consultant , fashion stylist, make artist courses through correspondence. I hope this information would be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love my Sephora stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post. Thanks for sharing your tips. Even I also came across one new interesting site for buying beauty (belleza y bienestar)& fashion tips; seems interesting. It'll be useful to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post. Thanks for sharing your tips. Even I also came across one new interesting site for buying beauty (belleza y bienestar)& fashion tips; seems interesting. It'll be useful to all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...