|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, July 24

My Husband, The Work Slave

Ty has worked so hard this summer on our house. I know, I know he isn't doing anything else this summer so why is it a big deal?? But if it was me with the whole summer off I would spend it laying on the couch watching t.v. Not Ty. He has made some major improvements to our home. Our backyard was void of any landscaping unless you count overgrown bamboo. He has pulled up most of the roots, which is no easy task. I tried pulling on one once and I just gave up. That stuff is tough! There is also an old cellar out in that corner. It was exempt from the home inspection and had a lock on it. The guy we bought our house from only owned the house for 7 months. He had just bought it to fix it up and then sell. He didn't have a key for the lock, so on our moving day Ty cut off the lock. It was an exciting moment. Everyone gathered around it to see what was inside. It was full of huge rocks (that we managed to use later) and water. The doors were old and rusty so we decided to cover it up and make it a flowerbed.
Ty is looking good in his work boots!

Almost complete...

At last some color!

We are going to put a shed in that back corner. You can see a pile of bamboo roots that haven't made it to the trash yet. The rocks surrounding everything are the ones that were in the cellar.


Beautiful Hydrangea bush, although this bloom is looking a little dead. :)



This is Ty's current project: pulling up 3 layers of flooring to make way for new wood floors. It looks like way too much hard work for me! I can't help it that I am delicate! ;)

Our house was built in the late '50s so I'm guessing that the yellow floor is original, but I'm not sure. Can you picture all the different families that have lived in this house with those floors? If they walked in today everything would look so different to them.

So as you can see Ty is a very hardworker and I am lucky to have him! We have a couple of more projects to complete before he heads back to school. We only have a privacy fence on two sides so he is going to complete that and we need a shed. His brother and brother-in-law are going to come up to help him build the privacy fence. Thank goodness! I'm just not the best little helper! But I can fix you the best ice cold glass of water you've ever tasted to cool you off while you work!

5 comments:

  1. The transformation in the backyard is amazing! Ty (and you!) have done a great job. I was so impressed with everything you guys have done to the house. It was a diamond in the rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just about as helpful as you when it comes to outside duties. Let's face it. I hate being outside. It's gross and dirty and not for ladies. But YAY for Ty! Everything looks great! Quite the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good! what kind of flower is the coral/pink one?? i don't think i've ever seen one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband is such a harworker, and did a fabulous job on the yard. I must say, I disagree with you girly girls. I mow and edge the yard all the time. And, I even got on the roof last week to clean out the gutters. I guess that comes from being a single homeowner for two years. Love your blog, I ended up here through Whitney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Look! My Lindsey's found each other! How special. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...