|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, September 23

oil and balsamic vinegar dip

This is the perfect side to all of my meals.
There is nothing better than warm, crusty french bread with dinner.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
In a bottle with a lid, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, kosher salt, and pepper.
Seal bottle, and refrigerate mixture 8 hours, or overnight.
Shake well before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
{I stored mine in a plastic bowl and it worked fine. I just had to shake it up before I used it.}
{Also when you store it in the refrigerator for several days, the ingredients might separate and look gross, but just microwave it for a little bit and then shake it.} {with the lid on. :)}

Enjoy!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. That sounds (and looks) really good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good....to bad I am not eating bread at the moment; Gotta lose the baby fat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yummy. That will be delightful on my Italian cooking nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish! Bread is my downfall.

    Love the cute leopard coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make something similar to this and serve it practically every night!! Warm bread is my favorite. I'm going to have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nate loves loves to dip bread..but I could never find a receipe that we liked..I will be trying this..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks DELICIOUS! I've been wanting a recipe like this for a while - thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a girl after my own heart. Bread, butter or dipis my FAVORITE food. Yuuum! I WIL be making this, little deary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!! We used to have something similar with dinner all the time--but, these days it's more dine and dash at our house than an actual dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks so good!
    i definitely need to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds delicious! P.S. I love your coasters - too cute with the leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wil you ask Ty if it is possible to be allergic to vinegar? I love this stuff but everytime I eat it I feel weird. However, this does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe, girl! I love when you can recreate yummy, restaurant goodness at home! Hope you've had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sometimes i think we are such kindred spirits and if we didn't live across the country from one another we would be fast friends.

    i HEART oil & vinegar dips ... and fresh bread. mmm typing this is making me hungry! i'm going to try your recs. tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious! I love french bread and olive oil, so I will have to try this combination. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. num num num!!
    nothing i love more than loads of carbs ;) i have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We make that all the time - so good! I personally like it the best when the bread is hot, not just warm but hot...it melts in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhh, that sounds sooooo delish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love bread and bread dip. Sometimes I think I could just have that for dinner. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...