|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, September 9

Randoms and Recipe

Hello friends! I am a busy bee at work and can't coherently put together a blog post anymore.
I will just go with random bullets instead, plus a recipe at the bottom.

  • I found out today that I have a work trip to New Orleans in a couple of months and I can't wait! I interned for the New Orleans Hornets for 2 years and I can't wait to go to a game and see my old work buddies! {and work of course! :)}
  • The position that I am applying for at work officially opened up on the HR website. I get nervous just thinking about it. I just hope my age doesn't affect things! fingers crossed.
  • I have almost polished off the whole package of double stuffed oreos by myself! It is ridiculous. At first I hid them from Ty because I didn't want to share. Now I am hiding them so he won't see how much of them I have eaten! Yes, I have some serious food issues!
  • This short work week is amazing! I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday!

Now for a yummy, delish recipe:

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

{picture courtesy of kraftfoods.com}
Ingredients:
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto {I used the Knorr creamy pesto packet}
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend

Directions:
HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF).
Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
ADD cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to skillet. Cook, uncovered, on medium heat 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
RETURN chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 min. or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
I served the left over pesto on top of some thin spaghetti noodles.
I love kraftfoods.com because they have nutritional info on all of their recipes.
There are 410 calories per serving and this dish makes 4 servings. You can also save 50 calories by using 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese and the lower fat cream cheese. This is what I did and it was delish.
I am making this again very soon!

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. THANKS for the recipe!!! I'll be praying you get the job! Keep me updated! Can I go to NOLA with you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds delicious! i am going to have to try it for sure!

    hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are you!! I hid my husbands Hostess donuts so he didn't know I got into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can bullet, I can bullet.
    * Wait. I knew you interned for the hornets, but you didn't live in NO did you? I am so confused, now.
    * That recipe looks divine and I WILL be making it next week.
    * I did the same thing with no bake cookies last week. Girl, it was bad. BAD. I ate so many and I don't think D had any. Oops.
    * Can't wait to see you for lunch on Friday. When? Where? You tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recipe looks delicious! Good luck with the job application and I hope everything goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! The recipe looks SO good! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the job~ I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with the job! And what an awesome recipe! It looks delicious!! I love new recipes, so I think we'll try it for dinner next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds delicious :) Thank you for sharing!

    Good luck with the application process for the new job. DON'T get nervous or let your age get you down...I felt the same way before I landed my current job!

    As far as the Double Stuff Oreos go...yeah, I've done THAT before. I can easily consume one of those packages in a couple days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I do the same thing with hiding food. I used to be really bad about it, but my now hubby knows how much I love junk food so I'm not as ashamed as I once was :) That recipe looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!! That's recipe looks fabulous :) I'll be trying that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummm...this looks great! I plan on printing this and trying it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Good Luck with the Job!

    *Recipe looks delicious...mmmm

    *I totally made some chocolate chip cookies and hid them from my Husband over Labor Day weekend.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. P got some famous amos cookie the other day and I seriously almost ate the whole bag and he was like ummmm what happen to my cookies and I'm like duh you ate them. :) mmmmmmm cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks yum!

    and that cracks me up about the oreos! erik bought some for us on monday and we are almost through our whole package too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with that job prospect - keeping my fingers crossed for you! And thanks for the recipe it looks fabulous and easy - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the recipe looks so yummy!!
    fingers crossed for you on the HR position!
    i would do the same thing if i had double stuffed oreos...eat them all! i don't even go down the cookie isle anymore. no sweets in our house! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! This recipe looks fabulous!

    I lived in NOLA for a while & Mr. Potts & I try to get down there at least every other year. Fun!

    Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with everything you have going on! The recipe sounds delicious. Love your oreo story hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with the job! And that recipe looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pasta dish looks so yummy! You always post the best recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That recipe sounds delicious - thanks for sharing! I have never used the pesto packets before so I'm glad to hear they're good. Enjoy the rest of your Oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with the job prospect--that's so exciting!! I know what you mean about age, it can be so disconcerting at times.

    And just fyi: I was searching for flights for a trip to Canada I have in a few weeks, and came across a site you might like for your trip! Just remembered:
    www.away.com. It compares all travel sites by location--so just go right to Mexico if that's what you're after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmm that looks delish!! And good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know I am praying for you and the job. I seriously hope age doesn't affect things! And that recipe looks super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck with the job, and don't worry about the Oreos. I would have polished those off in 3 days while hiding them from Parker (not my hubby).

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the recipe! It sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow, good luck on the job, saying a prayer for you girl! and that recipe looks yuuumy =)! (oh double stuff oreos, mmm, I could have done the same thing with so many sweets, ha=))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...