|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, September 28

Answers, part 1

You asked, I answer.


RN Mama asked:
What kind of doctor does your husband want to "be?"
He still has a little bit of time before he has to make that decision. Thank goodness, because the man loves everything so far! He is leaning more toward something to do with bones, joints, muscles, etc.


CTB asked:
Have you decided what Nuts will be for Halloween?
I bought two Halloween costumes on clearance last year at Target. He will either be a lobster or a bumble bee. I'm not sure he will actually wear it w/o tearing it apart!


Ashley asked:
How did you and your hubby meet?
Ty and I grew up in the same small town. He attended a really tiny school on the edge of town that closed down after he was in 4th grade. He started school with me in the 5th grade. I have had a crush on him since the 6th grade! aaawww. We are high school sweethearts and the rest is history.


Southern Champagne Wishes asked:
Did you date all the way through high school and college? When did you get married?
We dated our freshman and sophomore year of high school. On and off for our junior and senior year. We broke up to go to college, but still ended up seeing each other a couple of weekends a month. the rest answered below...

The Pettijohn's asked:
What made you decide Cowboy over Sooner?
This question and the one from Southern Champagne Wishes above can be answered together. Ty was a cowboy and I was a sooner our freshman year of college. I ended up transferring schools to be with him and never looked back. Yes, I switched schools for a boy. Lame. I know! But it worked out and ended up being the best thing possible for me. I definitely blossomed at OSU. God always has the ultimate plan for us all and you never know what might happen.

We got married two weeks after we graduated from college and moved to a new city two after our wedding. It was a very busy time!


Jill asked:
What was your major in college?
I majored in Public Relations. I love how flexible my major is and it definitely has given me several opportunities.


Several people asked this:
What kind of work do you do?
I recruit undergrad students to attend med school. The same med school Ty attends. I was very lucky to find this job and started during his orientation week. I have met some great people including miss Whitney. My job allows me to travel and I have been to some great places courtesy of my company. I also get to do event planning, which I love!


Kelsey@ Seattle Smith's:
If you could make $1 million dollars doing your dream job what would it be?
I LOVE what I do right now. I want to do more it, with more responsibility but we shall see.
Then there is part of me that wants to own a store full of beautiful things, but without the responsibility of being a small business owner. :)


Kassie asked:
How did your husband propose to you?
We had a perfect weekend visiting my grandparents and hanging out with my nephew. We had so much fun. On the way home, Ty set up the perfect conversation--talking about our kids' names. What girl wouldn't love that conversation?!

He let me pick where we ate dinner--Chili's. (Which happens to be one of my fave restaurants and the choices were limited in our college town. They have the best chips and salsa!)

I lived in the sorority house at the time and we stopped by there before heading out to the next part of our evening. Ty wanted to take a walk around campus. I wanted to watch Desperate Housewives in the tv lounge. If I had only known...

He is too good to me and sat with a bunch of girls while we watched the show. Then we headed out to take our walk. This was in January, but it was a really warm day for Jan. He proposed at Theta Pond. I have no idea what he said. I was just so excited!! I kept saying, "shut up." I didn't believe it. We got married 16 months later on campus overlooking Theta Pond. It was perfect!
He proposed on the sidewalk direclty behind us in this pic.



part two coming soon...
I'm sure you all are just anxiously awaiting it.
Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I learned a lot of new things! So funny that you wanted to watch desperate housewives and he was about to propose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun to read! Got to know a little more about you guys! The proposal story is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this question and answer idea, I am going to have to use this over at Team Imhoff! You and Ty are stinkin too cute!

    I am hosting a giveaway this week, so head on over and check it out! http://teamimhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pic of you and Ty. So so sweet. Poor Ty - DH over proposing. If only you'd known!!! Hahahahaha.... great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you work recruiting for the school he attends ... how much longer does he have?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun reading all of your answers and that is the cutest picture of the two of you! Y'all have the greatest story!

    P.S. I left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your answers! Such a sweet proposal story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading about your dating and engagement--how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of the two of you! Your job sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet about the proposal. i'm impressed that he could wait and watch desperate housewives before asking you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun read... you and Ty are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, this was so fun! Can't wait for more answers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet proposal story! You know he is a keeper if he agreed to sit with a bunch of girls and watch Desperate Housewives.

    Saucy picture! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I loved reading that. You two are just so cute together.

    And seriously doesn't Chili's have the BEST chips and salsa ever. P and I don't have one near us so when we travel we always stop there.

    And your proposal sounds like mine how I totally didn't know and was all I want to shop when he wanted to propose. And I totally forgot what he said and said shut up over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Q & A posts! They're so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww.. SO SWEET! I love the Q&A thing too - maybe I will try that sometime on my blog too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun to read! My pup will be a lobstre this year! He is not going to be thrilled, but he will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read your blog occasionally, and I loved getting to know you through this! I am graduating in May with my bachelor's, and my fiance will also graduate then with his master's. Then, we are getting married two weeks later!! I realize it's going to be a really crazy time! Any advice on how to make it stressless or less stressful? I'm so excited, but I want to soak it all in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Y'all are just the cutest couple! I love your story.

    Also, I vote that Nuts should be a lobster. I want my beagle, Ella to be a hot dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the info! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for answering my question! I loved getting to know you better:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun. I love learning about you. Can't wait to read the rest of the Q & A's!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun! I loved reading all the stories. I can't believe you graduated and married and moved within weeks--crazy time! And that picture is adorable, it looks like something out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was soooo much fun to read! I love reading post like that! Hope your having a great day! = )

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for the answers! just started to reading your blog a few weeks ago and i love it! glad to be caught up on a few things!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely love story! I think it's great learning more about the lady behind the blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet! Loved reading it. Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a new-ish follower, so this was fun to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute post! Loved reading more about you! What sorority were you in?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved this!! You and your husband are too precious! Cracks me up that he watched DH with you knowing he was so nervous about to propose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...