|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, October 27

Christmas??

Is it Christmas?? The answer would be NO. The husby and I were driving home from work the other night and Ty was admiring a big display of the blow up Halloween yard decorations. We turned down our street and noticed someone on our block had some Christmas decorations lining their driveway. We had to look twice to be sure of what we saw. We haven't even had Halloween or Thanksgiving yet people! I know that the stores starting carrying Christmas decorations several months ago, but it is defintely not time to start displaying them. Now, this is just my humble opinion. But how can Christmas be a special time of the year if we are celebrating it months beforehand??

I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and browsed through the Christmas decor. I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything. I am enjoying my Fall decor too much! And I should be considering it is still Fall!
This picture of Nuts always reminds me of how I feel on Mondays. He is all curled up in our bed and his eyes are puffy and squinty. He won't even look at the camera and seems mad that I would even think about whipping it out that early in the morning!

14 comments:

  1. That is nuts. I wonder what is up with that.. then my mind does silly stuff.. as I was writing that is nuts I got to thinking.. What if someone in the family will not make it to Christmas. What if they had some awful illness and the family was celebrating early. See my mind is sick sometimes.. Why would anyone ever think this?

    Nuts is so cute. He and I feel the very same way.. See, I should be up and around getting ready for the day..but me and my puffy eyes are commenting on blogs.

    I hope your Monday is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same thought this weekend. We walked by the Pottery Barn kids store in NYC and the windows were already in full-on holiday decoration mode. Before you know it, Christmas is going to start popping up around July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with people!?! Geez, I have to get through Thanksgiving (barely, but still) before I can move on to the Christmas festivities!! :)

    Such a cute picture - that's how Monday's make me feel too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Christmas crazies irritate me. I mean, seriously...by the time Christmas actually rolls around they are going to be sick of it. They need to enjoy the moment that they're in and not be constantly pushing ahead.

    Please don't leave me and go to Utah this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it irritates me when I see c-mas stuff up too early! It's shouldn't, because in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal. But it's a huge annoyance to me. LOL

    Nuts is just so cute, I want you to box him up and send him to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. christmas displays - especially outdoor displays - are SUCH a pain in the butt to put up (not to mention take down) that i can't begrudge someone wanting to enjoy them for as long as possible. as for me, i generally put mine up anytime after november 1st. see the aforementioned desire to enjoy the fruits of one's hard labor for as long as possible.

    feliz navidad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know!! It amazes me how quickly the stores fill the shelves with Christmas! Our Hobby Lobby has been stocked with Christmas since August!

    But, I've been listening to Christmas tunes for a few weeks, just because it puts me in such a good mood! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely too early, ha! I can't get myself to buy anything yet either and the stores have soo much already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas in retail starts so early!! But I am ecited for Christmas so I kind of like it even it is a shock to my system!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got to be kidding! I can't believe it. I did not know anyone would be that crazy to start in October. At least wait until after Halloween!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, what is up with people these days! lol but seriously i am NOT ready for christmas. it seems like i just had fall break... (actually i did, like 2 weeks ago!) and how am i going to afford so many presents!?! before christmas last year i was broke!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea way too early for Christmas decorations... lets enjoy thanksgiving first!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you. I enjoy the fall holiday and decorations. Christmas at our house starts after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree! i walked into pier 1 last weekend and had a meltdown right there in the store. i just stood in horror staring at the christmas crap! i can't believe they already have it all out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...