|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, October 31

Utah: Day 1

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Warning: Long post, lots of pics...
My boss and I are in Utah recruiting at BYU. We flew in Tuesday evening and it was dark when we left the airport. So, I'm not counting it as day 1 because we couldn't see anything.

I woke up Wednesday morning and discovered that in every direction that I looked there were mountains. It was beautiful! I've been to New Mexico and Colorado and I love them both, but nothing compares to being surrounded by mountains like this. I've also never been to a place like this in Fall. The colors of the trees are GORGEOUS! I am obsessed with trees. I grew up in a part of OK that does not have many trees at least in comparison to where I live now and where I am at right now. So needless to say I am always impressed by trees!

We headed to Park City for the day. The drive up there was incredibly beautiful. I think my boss and I said "oh thats so pretty" about a million times!
I can't visit a ski town without a picture with the local bear!

Main Street, Park City

Who doesn't love a pink stairwell!?! Mary Janes--a cute shoe store.


I walked into this pet boutique and was greeted by not one huge dog, but FOUR! (the 4th one didn't make the picture.) Compared to my little dog these things are giants!

I loved this restyled door!

The best part of Park City--the Factory Stores!! I bought these great metallic gold loafers from Banana for $23! I just love them! I also got some great deals on clothes.


After Park City we decide to just keep on driving back to Salt Lake City. We have several students from BYU at the medical school (which is why we came to recruit here). They suggested that we tour Temple Square if we had time. My boss and I are not Mormon, but are both interested in learning about different types of religions and my boss is a history freak.

After a few wrong turns in downtown SLC we pulled over at this city building with a huge lawn. I snapped the next couple of pictures out our sunroof. (I warned you that I was obessesed with trees.)


I just can't get over these great Fall colors!


The Mormon Temple


View from my hotel

View from the parking lot of Nordstrom's. I'm telling you no matter which way I turn I see mountains.

It was a great day in Utah! And the weather was AMAZING!

11 comments:

  1. Everything look so beautiful - wow - thanks for sharing these amazing pics!

    Love the shoes by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pics. If you love fall foilage you'll have to check out New England sometime. Our leaves rock LOL!

    I also see you found every great shoe store there LOL, yes I like the pink stairwell too (lol I think I am probably the only other person who take a pic of that LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew Utah was pretty! Do you assume that everyone you meet is Mormon? I would. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!!!! i wish i could have been there to pet the 4 large dogs. we got stuck in the SLC on the way back from L.A. one time...needless to say the neighborhood around the airport was NOT that pretty. safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful city! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures of the trees are stunning - I'm into trees too. And what a view!! I have a good friend who lives in SLC and she wakes up to that every day - I can't even begin to imagine.

    Glad you get to go shopping too - I"m jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and i spent our anniversary in Park City this year. It was so pretty! But now I am wishing I was there in October. I can't believe those leaves! Happy Halloween!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and a beautiful place to visit! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that pink staircase! Those pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics! You look so cute!! And I love those gold loafers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...