|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, October 20

Great Garage Sale Finds

Saturdays are my days to sleep in, run errands, lay on the couch, bake, lay on the couch, clean the house, etc. I also spend quite a bit of time on the couch! Ty on the other hand wakes up at the crack of dawn to hit those med school books. This past Saturday I woke up early to go to a couple of garage sales. I know that my momsy is smiling as she reads this, because garage sales have never been my thing. My momsy loves them and drug me to quite a few when I was little. But my mind has changed--I love garage sales! After reading about all of my bloggy friends' great garage sale finds, I decided that I should give garage sales a second chance. Boy, am I glad I did!

I found a great little lamp for $3, 2 Santas for $1.50, and a candlestick for $.25!

I need to spray paint the candlestick black...that will have to wait until this weekend.

I also bought these two oval antique frames for $.50 each. I love them and have been looking for the perfect spot to hang them.
Close-up of the oval frames.
I found this great little table for $5. It fits perfectly in this weird spot we have in the living room. It needs to be repainted. Ignore the decor on it--I just wanted to put something on it until I get around to painting it. And yes the lamp cord needs a cover or something so that it doesn't stand out so much.
Ty and I have been looking for a small table to put on our patio, but neither one of us wanted to spend a lot of money on it. I came across this and I LOVE the chairs! The cushions will need to be recovered. I am on the lookout for a cute outdoor pattern.
I also bought a bench for $8! What a deal! It has heavy duty cast iron sides. I couldn't get the picture to upload. I am out travelling for work and my wireless aircard isn't working very well, so that means I can't upload the bench picture. I was very excited about all my garage sale finds! It was so much fun! I am going to have to wait a while before I go to garage sales again. I can see myself buying stuff just because it is a good deal. I know when the husby is reading this later he is going to be agreeing!

18 comments:

  1. Garage Sales do get very addicting...but so much fun. We always had a routine to get coffee and donuts from our favorite spot around 6 in the morning and head out. Then we always come back with things we don't need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I have to be in the mood, but I do occasionally love garage saling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! Great finds..
    I never have any luck at
    garage sales..but I love em..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeze, you came home with a LOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, you found some GREAT stuff! Here, it's hit or miss (mostly miss), but when you hit, you seem to hit big.

    Love the oval frames. I think they would be gorgeous just hung up or leaning against something with nothing inside. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a santa exactly like the two pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those frames, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the tables!! yes, it was your monogrammed pumpkin that inspired me! im sorry i had forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, did you make out or what? That is great! I seem to find only junk at garage sales... although on Friday night I did go to my Aunt's sale and her friend had some things there and I bought a very cute loveseat in great condition for $35... So I guess I find more than junk at some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by to see me! I'm so glad you did & I loved seeing all your garage sale finds. You did great & you probably noticed I'm a yardsale queen myself. Hope you'll come bakc to see me often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds!!! I need hit up some garage sales soon but I am afraid it is too cold now! I do NOT do cold weather! But this have given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great weekend! We at the Tag Sell It Community are always looking to have weekends like this. The weather's getting colder, so there won't be too many left this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you know I love garage sales! be prepared ... once you start ... you will become addicted, and then you actually lose sleep (aka no more sleeping in)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really hit the jackpot! I can't believe you got that great table and chairs...it's going to be so cute with a new fabric and a pot of flowers for the summer! Lucky you! Can't wait to see a photo of the bench when you get your internet working again!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am impressed! The sales I hit are never that good. Congrats! Thrift stores are also gold mines for inexpensive treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! i'm very impressed...and jealous :) great finds! i love ALL of it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great finds SS! I used to feel the same way but I've been back into them for a little while now, we went last week and I only came away with one thing! I love your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I am totally in love with that candlestick! I like how it looks with the little pumpkin on top. In all honesty, I think it looks kinda nice unpainted - it seems to go with what you already have going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...