|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, October 9

Dark Polish

I am so happy it is Fall so I can bust out my dark nail polish. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dark nail polish. There is just something about it. In ancient China, only royals could wear dark polish. If you rebelled and wore dark polish without being a royal then the penalty was death. Thank goodness this is not the case today!

I remember the first time I wore dark polish. I was in college and just happened to be going home that weekend to watch my little brother play basketball. My mom has learned over the years to just ignore what I wear, but my little brother on the other hand has not. He loves to make fun of what I am wearing. Even though, I know all his little girl friends will be wearing the same thing in a few weeks. (Not that I am a trend setter by any means--sometimes it just takes longer for things to catch on in smaller towns.) I'm sure he considers this part of his duty as a little brother and it doesn't bother me.

This is the color I had in college. I still have a little left in the bottle but it is starting to run out. It is OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.

I almost bought a new dark plum color last night at Wal-Mart but something made me put it back down. I think I am going to have to go back and buy it and the navy polish that I found. Sephora sold this Chanel polish last fall/winter that was dark navy. The only problem was it cost $16. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for a bottle of nail polish. Lucky for me that Sally Hansen and OPI have come out with it this fall! In fact, I am going to run out to Wal-Mart and pick it up tonight! I don't know why I didn't pick it up the other night. It probably had something to do with my overflowing grocery cart. I am going to be travelling a LOT in October so I need to stock up on snacks and quick lunches and dinners for Ty. He has a billion tests this month and I didn't want him to worry about what he was going to eat.

I am currently wearing a dark burgandy color. I am in a wedding this weekend and my bridesmaid dress is red...don't worry Chelsey, I will take it off before then! I don't want my burgandy nails to clash with my red dress! I'm so excited to see her get married. They are such a cute couple.

13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure yet how I feel about really dark polish. I love plums, but darker than that scares me a bit. It looks right on certain people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some Navy polish that I love.. but I love that OPI color that you shared.. I am going to have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love that color! I'm going to have to check it out! I recently picked up OPI Ink which is kinf of a dark purple-blue color - it's turning out to be a great fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polish, and what a great little factoid. If the sentence was death, I think I'd stick to pale pink polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm disappointed. it thought this post was going to be about polish sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friend wears that same color and loves it...maybe I need to try it. Dark polish is in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color.

    I like dark colors too but I do not paint my nails, only my toes so now that fall has come, I am pretty much done w/ nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been wearing a dark purple nail polish recently, and i love it! i hardly ever wear polish on my fingers, but this has been fun doing something different!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to wear dark burgandy on my toes in the winter, until one of my little sister told me it made my 'feet look dead.' Totally popped my balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what's so funny? I am so into the decorating thing lately that when I saw the title of your post I assumed you were talking about polishing furniture or something like that. Duh! Dark nail polish is so cute too! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your current color sounds great too! Interesting info! And yes, you definitely have to get lots of snacks for traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the OPI Midnight in Moscow from the second picture and I LOOOOVE it. I bought it last year when it first came out. I think it's a bit darker than the Lincoln Park one, but I'm not entirely sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't pull it off. My sister can, but I haven't arrived as a dark polish wearer yet. I admire you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...