|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, October 22

OH NO!

**UPDATE: The shirt is RUINED! I ruined a gorgeous silk shirt! The dry cleaners couldn't fix it. Is it bad that I am this upset over a piece of clothing!?!**

I am travelling for work today (and yesterday). My boss and I were done with our recruiting presentation and decided that we needed a snack. Lo and behold there was a marble slab next to our hotel. I was happily eating my chocolate ice cream with butterfinger mixed in when I dripped some of it on my dry clean only silk shirt! I was devastated! As soon as we got back to the hotel I googled how to get chocolate out of a silk shirt--soak in cold water. I ran to the bathroom and filled the sink with cold water and to soak my shirt. I checked on it an hour later and the black had started to bleed on to the ivory!! I frantically grabbed my purse and ran down stairs to the front desk and asked where the nearest dry cleaners are located. Thankfully, I called them first to see if it would be possible to pick up my shirt by 3 today, because that is what time I am leaving to head home. They said that they couldn't do it by 3, but that their main store could.
After a few missed turns, I finally found the place. The girl behind the counter assured me that they would do all that they could to get out the black dye. I guess I will find out today at 3! I
HOPE it all comes out. It is one of my favorite work shirts and isn't available in the store anymore.

My evening wasn't completely ruined by this episode. I got to have dinner with a sorority sister who is attending OU Law school. It was so much fun to catch up on everything!

13 comments:

  1. Bummer! I hope the shirt is much better when you pick it up!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that stinks!

    Everytime I have white on I do the same thing - it is like food is attracted to white and dry clean only items! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I hope it comes out..
    It is such a cute shirt..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like coffee??? Then enter my giveaway! To celebrate the launching of my very own online coffee shop I am giving away 1 pound of coffee every Friday during October. To enter visit:

    www.getthebean.blogspot.com

    To visit our website:
    www.getthebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the stain comes out! I read that salt can help pull stains out, but not sure if it's for every fabric. I used it to get an ink stain off of a suede coach purse. It worked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i hate it when that happens! so did they get out the stain? by the way i just discovered your blog and its amazing!! your dog is so cute to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! I'm so sorry about your blouse. Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I fear buying ANYTHING that reads dry clean only! Hope it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dear. i ALWAYS spill on myself. tide to go pens are my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. have you looked to see if you can find a similar one on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that shirt is sooo cute. what a bummer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...