|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, October 20

{Hard Work}

Several weeks after buying flower bulbs I finally planted them. Ty dug me a flower bed and I got to work. Planting flowers is HARD work! I am so sore today!
Ty snapped some pics of me from inside the living room. He was supposed to be studying! He is so sneaky! Or at least he thinks he is!

Reading my directions...I've never planted flowers before!

Designing the layout. Nuts ran off with a few bulbs. I guess they tasted good.

This smile didn't last long....
I had to dig a 6 inch hole for the tulip bulbs. (Don't worry I did not try to use my guesstimation skills. Notice my pink tape measure in an earlier picture.) I did not have a spade and 6 inches is really deep! It took me forever to get all the tulip bulbs in the ground and even then they are probably only 4 inches down. Ty thought he would come sit outside and study while I planted. He eventually felt sorry for me (or got tired of listening to me complain!) and buried all the ranunculas in like 5 minutes.

Nuts and I are much happier sitting on the couch with the computer and tv!

Notice how Nuts is sitting like a human. He thinks he is one.

Visit The GlamLife Housewife for a great giveaway!

12 comments:

  1. Nuts is funny!! I love how he sits!! He will probably start growing a flower inside of him!? how funny would that be!? Wait it may hurt! nevermind! I wish I would have stole some cookies!! and chicken and mac and cheese! I did make homemade mac and cheese it turned out really good!! I am so proud of myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen your dog! Very cute! i have a dachshund mix. And she used to sit up like a human, too (then she got the dreaded doxie back problems, so we didn't let her do that anymore). Funny that he ran off with bulbs!

    I'm trying to decide what bulbs to plant this year. I always hurt myself. I get blisters on my hands really bad from the bulb digger tool thingamajig. Every time. But it's cool because it had measurements on the side, so you know how deep the holes are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think, you will have beautiful flowers one day:) I spent a lot of time watching life time t.v. this weekend on the couch as well....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great pictures!i can't wait to see the beautiful flowers in the spring. last fall we planted some tulip bulbs and it was so neat to see them pop up in the warm weather!

    and nuts totally cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! Elizabeth here form the quilt giveaway. I am sorry you didn't win but am so glad that you would be interested in my work. i don't have an etsy page but I will have a web page up in the next couple of weeks so check back on my blog for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, nuts is so cute. I love that he is wrapped in a blanket...

    I have never planted bulbs before either.. I would so have to read the directions..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow good for you! I so need to do some planting too, I just haven't gotten myself to do it yet :) Very cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud of you. I can't believe you planted those (almost) entirely by yourself. I bet that was a sight to behold.
    I hate working without you, too, but I work without you ALL the time. You are such the little traveler. I have been a sneeze fest and can not stop. It's so frustrating that I can't take anything to stop it. I am feeling much better, now that I slept until 12:30 and just had some soup broth. Yum. See you tomorrow...if you are there, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I have no bulbs planted...you will be so happy in the spring when they all pop out!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding me that this is bulb season. Nuts is SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, you made me want to work in the yard. I LOVE tulips! You're quite the horticulturist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweet dog, i have cats that think they are humans too! it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...