|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, January 13

Baby Love

I took yesterday off and headed to the hospital to welcome my new nephew, Garret James to the world. His due date was February 19th so we were pretty surprised to meet him this early. He weighed 5 lbs 8 oz and was 18 in. long. He would have been a big baby if he was full term! I've never been around a baby this tiny. He was so small and cute!
Less than 24 hours old.

Proud big brother!


Grandpa on diaper duty!
Had a little spit up incident so he needed a little sponge bath. Garret was not happy! He turned so red any time someone took him out of his comfortable warm blankets.
Melinda was feeling pretty tired and sore from her surgery. But don't worry she showered, fixed her hair and put on a little bit of make-up. My kind of woman! ;) This was a topic at work the other day. Whitney and I both had the opinion that make-up makes everything better and we were definitely going to apply make-up before we went into labor! haha! The other ladies in our office just laughed at us. I'm sure they were thinking silly, naive girls. But we were dead serious about the make-up! We'll see how I feel about this when its my turn... AND no its not my turn yet or anytime soon. :)

The spit up incident presented the perfect time to put him in his new outfit! Can you guess who gave him this!?!

It is a newborn size and still big. He is so tiny! Check out his bird legs! :)

3 Generations

My dad and all his boys! Boys definitely dominate the D family.

Their smiles were a little forced. I just love making the men in my family take pictures!

My dad had to drive back home yesterday to get back to work. He got to the hospital at 10:45 Sunday night. He was pretty worn out and had a 4 hour drive to make. I had to make him leave the hospital. He could have stayed forever if that was an option. He did take a break from driving to stop by to eat a quick dinner of yummy roast with us. So I filled his stomach and he was tired--not a good combination for the rest of his 3 hour drive! I'm sure he stopped for a diet mt. dew to get him through.

I can't wait to see baby Garret again. He is perfect!

p.s. I really liked to use smiley faces in this post for some reason. ;)

24 comments:

  1. To be such an early baby, he looks so healthy! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet! I'm glad he is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how sweet - so cute!

    Good thinking on the make-up deal - I will have to remember that when my time comes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so beautiful!! You can't get any closer to God that that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh..so precious! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh..so precious! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet baby!! Aw, he is so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious!! Newborn babies are soo sweet! The outfit looks great on him! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your adorable new nephew - he looks so dashing in your onsie!!!

    Thanks for the Bachelor tip - I am so pumped now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a healthy (and adorable) nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's is adorable! I refused to go in with my first one until I shaved my legs! I stood in my shower in full labor trying to somehow shave the legs I could no longer see LOL! The second was a planned CS so the shower was far more enjoyable LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's so cute! ANd I loved that he was wearing your oufit! (o: Glad he is happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats to your family! i feel the same way as garret whenever someone tries to pry me from my warm blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a precious little baby! i love all those pictures you took and shared with us. so glad mommy and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww so sweet! love the onesie, i haven't seen one that before, soo cute! and thank you soo much for your sweet comments, I can't tell you how much I appreciate them! And love the boots a few posts ago, I love boots, and I wish it was cool enough to wear them here, but I'm loving the sunny warm 70s too, what a dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your new family member!

    You're cracking me up about the makeup. I went into the hospital prepared for LABOR - sweaty, crying and painful. I figured, I'll justsweat/cry makeup off, so I wore minimal. Then I had a c-section and I was thinking huh, coulda done myself up to look good coming out of surgery!

    Then I bawled like a baby when I heard my son cry for the first time as they were pulling him out, so I guess I would have looked a wreck either way.

    You'll look good going in, but you'll look WAY worse after the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, how adorable! I love the name too...it is perfect! Welcome to the world baby Garrett!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found your blog on random.... and once I read that you wanted make up on for labor, I had to smile! I said the same thing to my mom and she laughed. I told her I would have my friend who's obsessed with make up (and great at applying it on everyone!) be there for my delivery so that when it's time for pictures, I'd be good and ready. I've been laughed at for that thought...except from my friend, who just told me I had to give her time to get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The little onsie (I'm sure it's yours, right?!) is so cute!

    He weighs more than I did, and I was a couple of days late. LOL

    He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is so gorgeous!! Congrats!!

    And of course I will be putting make up on before and after I have babies!! :) I completely agree with you and the co-worker!!!

    And I love the onesie!! You are doing such a great job on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute little boy.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable baby! I totally agree that having my hair and makeup done can make any situation better. When I have a baby I fully plan to be made up (if possible).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...