|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Friday, January 23

Bedroom Inspiration

I really want to fix up our bedroom. Its pretty plain jane except for some great black damask print curtains. The comforter has been ruined by a certain little puppy and because of that little puppy it was thrown into a washing machine that basically ate a spot out of it. But more than just bedding I want to completely change the room. I want to paint and change the feel of it. Of course if I had some moolah I could do this. And if my husband would agree to paint it for me. (I was banned from painting in our house, because I am so bad at it.) Until then I will just continue to search for pictures so that one day I can have my dream bedroom.
I found these rooms on HGTV's Rate My Space. I love the color palette of grays and whites. Its not too masculine or too feminine.
I love the black furniture and the clear glass lamps in this room. Its the closest thing I could find to what I am wanting to do.

Another view of the room pictured above.


I love the champagne color in this piece of art.


I love the champagnes, greens and blues in this room combined with the gray.



None of these rooms are exactly what I am thinking, but I do like certain things about them all. After searching for inspiration I decided to try out polyvore. I had never used it before and it was fun to play around on it. I don't like everything below. I got kinda carried away on there and just kept clicking away! :)

24 comments:

  1. I love calming oceanesque colors in a bedroom ... so I like this a lot! You should do it and show us the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh out loud when you said that you are banned from painting in the house. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first photo! I like to paint but I do it for 30 minutes and then I am done. LOL! My hubby won't let me paint either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about gray rooms that I'm really loving right now. I think it's a good idea to keep a file of ideas you like so that when the time comes, you can just choose the best elements of each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first picture is amazing! I also want to change our bedroom. We just got a new bed and I already hate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out Bassett Furniture. We looked everywhere for bedroom furniture before going there. I LOVE the set that we got. Look at the Chatam Collection in Antique Black. ( online the bed is only shown in brown and doesn't do it any justice ) I've received so many compliments. We went with a grey and silver color scheme like you're hoping for. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do it! Do it! Those rooms are so soothing - do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! your room should turn out fantastic with all those ideas! can't wait to see the final product :)

    its free giveaway friday! come enter to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that first picture - it would be a great inspiration for a room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certain little dogs ruined (peed!!!) on our down comforter. My mother in law gave us a new one for Christmas, but I'm scared to put it on the bed lest someone pee or puke on it again.

    I wonder if they make water resistant duvets like they do mattress pads?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grays! I have seen gray paired with blues in home decor lately and I'm really loving that. It makes me want to re-do a room just to make it blue & gray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to paint our room too. I'm going with a quilt next time we replace our comforter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the calm feel of these rooms!! I want to change our bedroom this year too!! Good luck with your room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU MADE YOUR TEXT WHITE AGAIN AND IT WONT SHOW ON MY PHONE. Hrmph.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow those are incredible! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all of them! redecorating is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to know that i'm not the only one who has a ruined comforter due to four-legged friends. Ugh! It makes me sick that we spent such a huge chunk of our registry on our bedding, and now it's basically ruined. One day. One day we'll have fully-padded pocketbooks to decorate our homes to our heart's content.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the input! I want to change my bedroom too! Happy decorating! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey there! your comment was so sweet, thanks! i love those wall decor ideas on your previous post. i'm nervous about putting them on a wall though!! these bedroom ideas look great. if only i could have my own interior designer. ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I so want to do our bedroom too, great ideas, I love a relaxing beautiful room! And thank you so much for all of your sweet sweet comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, I LOVE that first bedroom! So calming & serene....and I love your blog! I would like to swap books with you for sure! I really want to read Pledged!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We need to fix up our room. I love that first picture. I want to do something like that! But our colors will be browns. I got some beautiful bedding for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...