|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, January 20

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip

This past weekend I made spinach and artichoke dip. It was so yummy. The recipe came out of my Katie Lee Joel--The Comfort Table cookbook.
Ingredients:
--8 oz package of cream cheese
--9 oz package frozen artichoke hearts (drained jarred or canned, cooked fresh, or frozen, but
not marinated.) I bought canned.
--1 cup steamed spinach (1 lb. raw or one 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed) well
drained. I bought frozen.
--1/2 cup mayonnaise
--2 garlic cloves
--6 large fresh basil leaves (I sprinkled in dried flakes of basil. Just eyeballed it.)
--1/2 tsp. kosher salt
--1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
--1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
3. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, mayo, parmesan, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. I combined all the ingredients in a bowl besides the artichokes. Then put 1/2 of the mixture into my magic bullet with a few artichoke hearts. The texture wasn't what I liked. It was too smooth. So I put the rest of the artichoke hearts in the magic bullet and then combined everything together and poured it in the baking dish. This way you could still see pieces of spinach.
4. Top with the mozzarella.
5. Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
The best part of this is you can mix all the ingredients and refrigerate it until right before your guests arrive and then pop it in the oven. This way it is nice and warm!
I forgot to take pictures. Forgive me??
I did have an oops moment in the kitchen this weekend. I was trying to make chocolate cream pie. I bought these cute individual graham cracker pie crusts. (Just like my nanny uses!) I started combining my ingredients. You know 1 and a 1/4 cup sugar, 1 and a 1/4 cup flour, etc. Its supposed to be boiling in my sauce pan, instead it is lumping up and forming small pieces of dough. I thought well I guess thats what its supposed to do. I then proceeded to fill all 6 of the pie crusts with my lumpy chocolate mixture. I think I knew deep down that I had messed up, but I just kept filling them. Then I decided to read back through the recipe, convinced that this person had purposefuly messed up the recipe so that no one could make a perfect chocolate cream pie like her. Well it turns out I was only supposed to use 2 tbsp. of flour, not a cup and a 1/4!! I will buy some more pie crusts this weekend and try again! :) Oops!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. There's an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm... this sounds so good! I haven't tried this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spinach and artichoke dip so much I can't wait to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip. Sounds like a great cookbook you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heck yes i just copied and pasted that into a word doc then printed it!

    ty ty ty!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipes sounds great, thanks! and ps..I hate messing up recipes...that is why I dont bake very often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM sounds good - love spinach dips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love spinach and artichoke dip. It's delicious and so addicting. I will have to give this version a try. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband loves this kind of dip so I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I really wish you would have taken a pic. I looove spin art dip. It's my favey fave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious!! I will definitely have to make it sometime and I've asked for the cookbook for my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom and I LOVE spinach & artichoke Dip! My favorite is usually from Olive Garden. I printed off the recipe and will have to try it out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this dip...I could eat it all day!!

    Let me finally tell you that I have been eyeing up your little onsies that you make for a LONG time! :) Now I finally say out loud that I LOVE THEM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to try this dip. I left you something on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! I asked for the cookbook for my birthday!! I love your new blog layout- it's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! i love your new blog design! very super cute and bright! its great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to make this soon... we love spinach and artichoke dip round here parts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds delish! Can you hear my tummy growling? In case you want to play my game, I'm giving you the letter L. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. comfort food cookbook? now, that's what I need! Love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. mmm the dip sounds so good! SassyEngineer gave me the directions for Design her gals.
    1. Go to www.galtogal.com and register as a NEW AFFILIATE (right hand side).

    2. After you have registered, send us an ECARD with your Gal on it and send this to orders@designhergals.com.

    3. Include on the ECARD the size you want your Gal to be AND the name of your website and/or blog.

    4. We will make her for your site and include the link that will go back to our site.

    I had already made one but this showed me how to get them to send it to me w/o paying! good luck i'll watch for your gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds so yummy!! Now I want to have some...immediately!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds so yummy. I printed it out so I can make it some time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...