|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, January 28

Searching for Warmth

The school was closed again today due to the ice storm. I'm sure we will go back tomorrow. It is very sunny outside. Blindingly sunny due to the snow we got last night. It is so pretty! Ty decided yesterday that Nuts and I had spent way too much time on the couch. He made us bundle up and go outside. But first we had to stick the heater in front of the sliding glass doors because they were frozen shut. We only lasted a few minutes outside. Nuts wasn't very happy about being out there.

After spending some time outside I got motivated to make something: a rice pad. You know those things that are filled with rice and you can throw in the microwave for a minute and then it will warm you up. Kinda like an electric blanket. Well, I read about one on the Buzzings of a Queen Bee and decided to make one for Nuts. I thought it could go in his cage with him at night. Or that maybe he could use it instead of the heater.

I didn't have very much rice so it ended up being kind of small. But since we are iced in it will have to do.

The only problem is he isn't quite sure what it is. He thinks it might be a toy or food. Either way he really wants to rip it up! Good think I double layered the fabric. Hopefully he will get used to it. It doesn't help that the only rice I had was risotto rice, which is a lot more fragrant than white rice. If I was making one for a human I would add lavendar to it to make it smell good. I think I will go heat it up right now and put it on my tootsies!

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Rice packs are AMAZING! I love falling asleep with mine around my shoulders. Good idea about putting lavendar inside of the pack because my only complaint is the stink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute! I think it's so funny he wants to tear it open! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rice packs. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How domestic are you??? I love that! I wish I knew how to make those :( A lavender one would be amazing!!

    I'm not sure how long they take you to make, but I would think people would totally buy them if you put them on your etsy site....just a thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure we will be back at work tomorrow also, but the days off have been nice haven't they?!?!
    You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!! If I wanted a rice pad the LAST thing on my mind would be to just make my own. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look adorable in those boots!

    and i am not nearly domestic enough to make those but if you want to stop by my house sometime and show me i would love you forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boots! I giggle every time I see the name Nuts. I just love that name for a dog! So cute. I also loved that you just whipped together a rice pack. That would have taken me days or weeks or I would have just gone and bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picks and the rice packs...good choice of fabric too
    :-)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, my dog tears up thing too!

    Man, i wish we had more snow - snow days are really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boots, HOW CUTE!!

    Rice pad---how crafty of you :)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a pretty good idea. I bet Banks would love it too. You should add them to your Etsy site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW you did get a lot of ice. We got snow last night and it is doing the freezing rain thing right now but infortanately I am still at work.

    I love those rice packs. I have one and it smells like lavender and I use it alot for over my neck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my MIL makes those all the time except she uses deer corn. She gave me a whole bag of corn last time I was there but have I made any? Nope. I love the fabric on yours. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look too cute all bundled up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!! My dad has one that has cherry pits in it, my mom got it for him at a craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First I love the boots they are the cutest! Second great job on the rice pack!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha. let's try that again. yourrrr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are too cute!! My yorkie would definitely be confused and try to eat it as well ( though it should be said that he tries to eat EVERYTHING! )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't blame your pup for not wanting to go outside! I hate cold weather & am sure I'm a lot bigger than that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look how cute your puppy is! I have one that same color!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found your blog. Too cute! I'll definitely start following. I grew up with two mini dachshunds, gus and sam. I love your shots of nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...