|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Saturday, January 3

Blog Designs

I have been asked by a person that reads my blog about blog backgrounds, designs, etc...
Caroline is working on starting a blog, but she has a few questions. She asked me to make a post on what to do. I am NOT an expert on these things so please take my advice with a grain of salt. Hopefully, I can help you get started.

Whenever you want to add a fun background from another site such as The Cutest Blog on Block or from Aqua Poppy Designs then you need to have your template set to a minima template. This is one of the templates that blogger has already designed for you.
The sites I mentioned above are easy to use because you do not actually have to edit your HTML. Instead you go to your 'customize your layout' and add a gadget. Add HTML/JAVA script. Then you copy and paste the code that you are given by the design site into this gadget. Make sure you hit save and you should be good to go.

There are lots of blogs out there that provide free backgrounds. I just named a couple that I have used before. Don't get discouraged if these sites are extremely slow or keep kicking you out. I'm not sure this happens. Its very frustrating. But, hey they are free backgrounds so who am I to complain!?!
I hope this helps. If not just leave me a comment with your e-mail addy and question and I will try to help you.
Good luck starting your blog! Let me know when it is up and running.

{As I'm sure you all noticed I now have 3 columns. I received a blog design gift certificate for Christmas from MIL and I am just getting ready for it. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I do know that I want a 3 column design. I found out how to do this from The Cutest Blog on Block.}

4 comments:

  1. THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR DOING THAT! i will be working on it later today so ill try out those tips! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great Christmas gift from your MIL!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of you to help fellow bloggers out.
    Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you that I love your little onesies! I don't quite need them just yet...but when I do I'll keep you in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just left you an award on my blog! :)

    I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...