|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, July 28

Book Worm, review time

One of my favorite authors is Sophie Kinsella. She is the author of the shopaholic series and a whole lot of other great books. She has a brand new book out that I can't wait to read called Twenties Girl. She was recently named Glamour's Author of the Year. I just discovered that before writing as Sophie Kinsella, she wrote several books under her real name Madeleine Wickham. I checked out a couple from the library. This is the first one that I read.
It was a cute, chick lit book and not at all risque like the title might lead you to believe. I can't wait to read the other books that she has written under this name.
I just finished this little gem of a book by Kristin Chenoweth.
This book was so cute, charming and funny! I loved reading all about her life, especially since she is from my home state. She makes a lot of references to growing up here and the South in general. She was at a Border's in my city recently. I had no idea she was going to be there. Chesley just happened to be there by chance and got to see her. I'm so jealous.
**several of you asked where my red patterned dress was from that I posted a pic of in my last post...it is from lulus.com**
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. I would love to read A Little Bit Wicked! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Sleeping Arrangements a few weeks ago, and I will have to pick up "A Little Bit Wicked" from the library when I get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Sleeping Arrangements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what other people read - definitely putting Sleeping Arrangements on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out the first book you mentioned. I just got "A Little Bit Wicked" for my birthday and can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the Shopaholic movie, is the book anything like it?

    I loved Kristin Chenoweth in Four Christmases, I didn't know she wrote a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister is reading sleeping arrangements right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little bit wicked looks so cute!! That's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adding those to my list! I really want to read A Little Bit Wicked! I think I still have 2 more Shopaholic books to read, also. Love those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I might need to read A Little Bit Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Little Bit Wicked is the next book on my "To Read" list! Thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chick lit! I think a trip to the library is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reviews! Sleeping Arrangements is on my holds list at the library--I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to check out this book! I love Sophie and her books she writes as Madeleine. I loved Cocktails for Three and Gatecrasher under her pen name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh this is good, i'm going to the bookstore soon and needed some ideas=)! and i love all the pics from the last post, so fun, you look gorgeous, love your dresses girl=)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sophie Kinsella may be one of my favorite authors of all time. I wish she'd write another Shopaholic book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are both on my list, too. i just bought the sophie kinsella wedding book... can't remember the name... :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Glad to find your blog. Love the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just finished Can You Keep a Secret? from Sophie Kinsella and loved it...I had no idea that she wrote books under her real name. I will have to check out Sleeping Arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am reading a sophie kinsella book right now! i love her books!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved Sleeping Arrangements (and all of her books)... Twenties Girl is sitting on my night stand right now, just begging to be read. I just finished Jane Green's Dune Road- another good read/new release!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your suggestions! I may need to find the Wicked book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I've wanted to read Kristen's book for a while! Thank you for the reviews love :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...