|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, July 2

Why I heart Google


Who doesn't love Google?


1. It is my search engine of choice. I bet I visit it 100 times a day.
2. I love when they change the way the Google logo looks to match holidays.
3. Google Maps! I would be lost without them. Did you know you could save maps with different locations on them? It is the best thing for planning trips.
4. They provide blogger along with google analytics. (Although I have a love/hate relationship with blogger.)
5. Google Reader. If you read blogs you should be using google reader.
6. iGoogle. I don't know how I got iGoogle. It just showed up when day when I typed in google.com. I love it. It has a bunch of different features like showing my gmail account underneath the search engine. But my favorite new thing is the different themes you can choose to customize what your page looks like. I chose the Kate Spade theme. It rotates through 4 different Kate Spade backgrounds. It is sooooo cute!

That is what igoogle looks like: {you can click on it to make it bigger}

I had to spray paint out some personal details. And yes if you click on it to make it bigger you can see that I was stalking Kellie Pickler. :)
7. Google helped me find out how to do that screen shot. It's quite simple.
8. gmail. I love this e-mail account so much that it gets bullet points underneath it.
  • The chat feature. LOVE it!
  • It has theme options as well. None as cute as the options for igoogle though. I use the tree background. It changes to coordinate with the weather in my city. Some days it is sunny or cloudy or rainy. Its nice to know what is going on weather wise when you are stuck in a windowless office.
  • I can forward my blog e-mail account to my regular gmail account. It is hard to check multiple accounts and this way I don't miss anything from you wonderful gals. You just log into whatever gmail account you want to start forwarding. Click on Settings, then Fowarding and POP/IMAP and forward it to another account. easy peasy!

Google, I think I love you! What will you come up with next?

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

  1. I love the green with the white polka dots shown above, too cute. I have the blackberry bold, but all of my friends have converted to the iphone =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you could do all of that! Love your Kate Spade background choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. You're right. I'm way too talkative for "Wordless Wednesdays!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Google, it is definitely by far my favorite! We always use Google maps. I don't understand Google Reader, I may have to look into that a little more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you can text google to find out an address or phone number? You just text 46645 (it's "google" minus the "e")enter the business name and city, and they will send you a text back w/the address and phone number. I use this a lot! It's so helpful when you are not around a computer, and need an address or phone number. It doesn't charge extra, just your standart text message rate. Just thought I would share what other great things Google can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google is pretty great! Love it! Have a good 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE google and everything that it offers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use Google Analytics at work, but I haven't figured out how it ties into my blog....how does that work???

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness!! I did NOT know about all this fun stuff! I want to do it..I only use google but I'm clearly missing out on the fun parts! I do have ghat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am an avid googler, LOVE it. Glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love google too! Analytics, Gmail, Gchat, Maps, Blogger, iGoogle -- I have it all. My iGoogle is beach theamed (of course it is!).
    I tried searching through "Bing" since it just came out. I hated it. Google is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just learned a ton about Google from you! I use Google, but no in all the wonderful ways it looks like I should! I love being able to text Google or even call Google from my cell phone with NO INTERNET to find out addresses and phone numbers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't say I spend as much time with it as you do, but Google is the greatest search engine of all time! (at least in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad I am not the only with an obsession with this wonderful company!

    I looooove all their great FREE things I use, on a daily basis. Do you use google docs? My husband and I love it to share documents, like grocery lists and what not. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute iGoogle background. I've never heard of iGoogle. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heart google too!!! Like- ALOT! Becky Bloomwood style! :) Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  17. I way heart google. I love the calendar. If you haven't tried it yet, you totally should. You can make as many as you need, work, gym, personal...its great! It can also sync with your blackberry. Amazing the apps they have for mobile phones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...