|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, July 16

A New Invention: Chickies

I was out of the office yesterday morning to head to my college town to pick up some t-shirts that I had ordered for recruitment events. I talked Chesley into riding along with me. We had such a good time, but alas no pictures were taken. We drove to our sorority house, our old apartments and other old haunts. It brought back such great memories! I wish we could have spent all day there, but that thing called work got in the way. :)

I got an iPhone!!! I know that I am kinda behind the times on this. Ty and I ordered them online because through my company they would waive the activation fee if ordered online. We ordered them on June 25 and they FINALLY came in last night! I felt so cool once it was activated. haha!{Yes, it takes a phone to make me feel cool which probably means I'm not very cool in the first place. haha!}

I was watching E! News yesterday and they were talking about Chickies. I became very intruiged. Chickies are essentially a "fake tank". So instead of always wearing a camisole underneath shirts, dresses, etc. you just attach the chickie to your bra and viola instant coverage.
Who can resist shopping from a company with such a cute logo!?

I am dying to have one of these!


I can think of so many shirts and dresses that I could wear something like this under. I actually came up with something similar to this for one of my dresses. It was too low to not wear a cami underneath, but too clingy for an actual cami. So I cut up an old black shirt and safety pinned it to the dress. It is the ghetto chickie! I'm thinking an actual chickie would be much easier to work with.

Have any of you tried this? Did it work/stay in place?

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Yay for a new iphone!! I am dying for one, but have to wait until September when I qualify for a cheaper upgrade. Hubby would kick my hiney otherwise!

    Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickies look incredible! How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's a great idea with the chickies! i'll have to look into those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have one! I love mine and am going to get more colors. I think it's a different brand, but it's made the exact same way and it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look nifty! I was actually planning on doing a ghetto fake cover up for one of my dresses that goes a little too low for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea...I've also seen the one where it's the "bottom" portion of a tank that you can wear if you shirts are a little too short.

    We just got new iPhones yesterday too! Hub's had to order his because itis a 16gb (though his arrived in 7 days), but mine is only an 8gb, so they had it at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted a short blip in my blog about the inevitable boob crack problem that some shirts and dresses these days give us. I need a chickie in brown, black, and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh I totally need one of those!!! A chickie would become my new best friend! This is one of those things I wish I would have invented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea! Those would be so good for dresses that regular camis ride up in....

    Congrats on the iPhone, I LOOOOVE mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I have never heard of these.. but I SURE need them!!!! Awesome find!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the I phone... its ok i still dont have one!

    & awesome find! I will have to try those out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of Chickies, but what a great idea! I use sports bras, the cheap black/white ones that come 6 in a pack from Wal-Mart, and wear them under clothes. It looks like a cami, but without the bulk, and some shirts and dresses are way too low cut without them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea for the iPhone! I have the Instinct from Sprint. It's the ghetto Sprint version of the iPhone. LOL (It's pretty cool, though) I have to wait 2 years and then decide if I want to switch to AT&T and pay $300 for the iPhone.

    UGH! I hate cell phones!! LOL

    And the Chickies... I think I saw them on Oprah... cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You totally got ripped off by not getting credit for the chickie first! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for an iPhone! Chickies looks interesting, let us know how it is if you get one. P.S. I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea for a top...bra. I have a fab TOILE giveaway on my blog you might want. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! I am so excited for my sister...it's her first, and it's alittle girl!! :) We can't wait for Olivia to arrive! :)

    I want to try one of those Chickies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect! I have needed these forever. I wonder if I could make some...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I laughed out loud at "ghetto chickie" - ha!

    Left you a present on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Chickies are such a good idea. I wish I had thought of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have something similar, like bandeau-style top but this seems like a wonderful idea!!!!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just got my iPhone a couple weeks ago. It's the best phone EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...