|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, July 13

Weekend Recap

Friday night Ty and I headed down to the riverwalk (no, not the San Antonio riverwalk). Megan's husband's band was playing. I love getting to see Megan! The band was really good. I love outdoor concerts and this one had the perfect background of the river. Her husband has such a good voice and is a cutie! Megan was so worried about everything while he was playing. It was very cute!
Saturday morning we ran some errands and took Nuts to the dog park. There weren't any small dogs there, so we let him run around with the big dogs. He actually enjoyed himself. The first time I ever took him to the big dog side he wasn't sure what to think about those huge dogs, but this time he ran around like he was one of them.
After recovering from our busy morning and the heat I started craving snow cones. I have never seen a snow cone stand in this town. I tried googling them, but nothing came up. Then I turned to twitter. Thankfully, Megan responded and saved the day! What did we do before technology?!
Ty and I headed straight to the stand. I was so excited!!!! I order my snow cones without tops. The tops are too messy and I end up spilling most of it on me or the ground. {I always get strawberry. boring, but good!} I can't wait to go back!


Yesterday was my little brother's birthday. There is this funky little store that sells the funniest cards. I am always laughing out loud when I am trying to pick one out.
The card reads: It's your birthday.*
*Wow, you were born. Whoopee.
{and it's letterpress. I heart letterpress.}

I couldn't resist throwing in this car air freshener. It is supposed to smell like mustard. haha! The perfect gift for a pesky little brother.
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Yum! I could go for a snow cone right now!!

    Sounds like a nice weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Megan are too cute, and I could totally go for a snow cone too! They are delicious! And I don't know if we have one either! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally the kind of card i would pick out! We took Tebow to the dog park as well this weekend, but he was a little more high maintenance than nuts was! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mustard air freshener! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mustard air freshener! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture of us! It is so cute! I'm glad you found the snow cone shack, my family goes there just about everyday! That gift for your brother is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pic of you and megan is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha love that card. How funny! I've never seen a corndog/mustard air freshener. Genius (for little brothers)! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good birthday card and even more I love stores that sell lots of them! We have no snow cone stands here, at least not that I know of! I'd love to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snow cones!!! I was so sad that my son didn't want to play summer sports this year b/c now I don't get snow cones every Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear ya about the snow cones.

    Cute pics!

    I have never seen a mustard hot dog smelling freshner.....haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh snow cones! Sounds so good. Every time I see a snow cone machine at the store I want one, but I'm sure I'd only use it once or twice (and then decide it's more fun to go out to get them)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too funny, on the side I work at a sno cone stand. Strawberry is pretty good. If they have condensed milk it is really awesome with strawberry. You should be able to get a dollar off if you ask for the smaller size in the larger cup cause you don't want a top. And if you have an extra quarter people really appreciate it!

    I like your brother's birthday present too. That's too cute. Love the air freshener!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love snow cones! Fortunately, Jerm and I have one right down the road from where we live so it's been a much more bearable summer. = )
    And that air freshner is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've seriously never seen a snocone stand here? Maybe I need to email you a list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that you turned to technology to help you locate a snow cone and it worked! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun weekend! Don't you just love snow cones! They are my favorite and always taste so refreshing!

    And I'm cracking up over the corndog car freshener!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the corndog air freshner. That's sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY!!!! I'm glad you found a sno cone stand since I forgot to email you about the ones I've gone to/seen! I'm SO sad i missed the concert but hopefully there is another one soon and we can all meet up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...