|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, July 22

The Perfect Summer Salad

I love finding recipes on other blogs. If I like one of them I will add it to my favorites, so I can go back to it at anytime. I have been holding on to this yummy recipe from Quite Contrary for quite a while, just waiting for the perfect occasion to make it. Our Wicked girls weekend was the perfect time! I made brunch after church on Sunday. We had quiche lorraine, fruit salad, and this sweet strawberry salad with cupcakes for dessert.

Sweet Strawberry Salad:
Ingredients:
fresh spinach
strawberries
red onion {I omitted, of course}
walnuts
plain goat cheese {I also omitted, b/c the store was out of the cheese.}
1/4 c olive oil
3 tblspn lime juice
3 tblspn vinegar
3 tblspn sugar or splenda
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
-Smash 1/3 c of strawberries. {smashing strawberries is harder than you think, so I just put them in the magic bullet and had it do all the work.} Whisk oil, vinegar, lime juice and sugar and add to smashed strawberries. Assemble salad with spinach, sliced strawberries, crumbled goat cheese, chopped walnuts, sliced red onion...as desired. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.

I'm pretty obsessed with this dressing! It is so yummy and different from the usual dressings I put on my salads. Don't worry, the recipe makes a lot more dressing than what is pictured in the container in the first picture.

Thanks for all the sweet comments yesterday! There is nothing better than checking my e-mail and having lots of comments to read! You all make my day!

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

30 comments:

  1. YUM! i have to try that. my addiction right now happens to be the strawberry poppyseed salad at Panera, which can run up a hefty bill :) so thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish! I love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that is just what I was looking for! I need a summery salad for a party on Sunday! I am snatching this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to make this! I am going to omit the red onion also (cannot stand them)! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy!!! I may have to try that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I am drooling! That salad looks SO good. I'm going to have to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am sorry I missed brunch...That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I may have to borrow this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious; can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! So glad I found it! Your hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum! i actually saw a whole salad write-up in the NY Times today. they had a strawberry salad with tomatoes! strange, right? i bet it is tasty like yours.

    YOU ARE SO GOOD! 5 songs from ITUNES! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to try this! I'm always on the hunt for new salads...I feel like I make the same ones all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love strawberry salads. I'm going to add this to my recipe box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM! I love a good salad! If only I could convince my husband to eat strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can say from experience that it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just came across your blog from Megan's! Love it and wanted to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This salad looks so yummy! I love goat cheese, so it would be a total win for me.

    I found your blog through Megan - In This Wonderful Life. You have a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm! Thanks for posting this, I was making this salad last summer and had totally forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That salad looks yummy! What a fabulous little hostess you are! So what do you think of the book? Becky got it for me for my birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this salad! Always make it when it gets warm out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love strawberry salad and am so going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lindsey, you are cute as a button. No other words for it. I love your easy charm and elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds yummy!!! It sounds sweet yet tart with the strawberries, sugar and goat cheese. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds really yummy!! I love food combinations that are a bit different!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just had the poppyseed salad from Panera too and LOVED it!! Now I can make the same style dressing at home!!!

    THANK YOU for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummmmy, sounds delicious and refreshing! Will have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooooh, must try this right away! The pictures look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...