|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Sunday, July 19

Wicked Weekend

I had a fantastic weekend! It was a Wicked Girls Weekend. Wicked came to town and my MIL bought all of us girls tickets. Ty had to work at the hospital this weekend, but did get to spend some time with everyone. But for the most part it was all girls. They got here Saturday right before lunch. We headed to an upscale, outdoor shopping center in my city and had lunch at one of my favorite sandwich shops, Queenie's. Then, the shopping began.

After the shopping we came back to my house to get ready for dinner and the musical. I made CD's from the Wicked soundtrack for everyone along with themed cupcakes. (I'm kinda obsessed with cupcakes lately.)

Pink for Glinda the Good Witch and Green for the so-called Wicked Witch.
This is the type of picture you get when you ask the hubs to take it.

The whole gang

We ate at Tucci's, an amazing Italian restaurant. Probably the best alfredo sauce I have ever have. Yummy!

At dinner: My MIL, Beverly; SIL, Heather; SIL, Amy
The in-laws, Sarah and I.

The Wicked set

This was my second time to see Wicked. I saw it last summer in Chicago. It is such a cute musical, but also has a deeper meaning. I LOVE it! If you ever get the chance to see it, take it!

After church this morning I made brunch. I will have to share one of the recipes with you all later this week. It was definitely girl food.
Ty and I will get to see everyone again next weekend for Heather's wedding. (She is the girl in the blue dress.) We can't wait! She is going to be a gorgeous bride and I will probably have several pics to share.
It was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad we all got to spend time with each other. We had great conversation, entertainment and way too many cupcakes!
Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

31 comments:

  1. I love those cupcakes! What a cute idea! Is Kristen Chenoweth's book good? If so, I will add it to my summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if that musical was any good. I have read the book but never have actually seen the musical.I do have a curious question...When you first started up your blog did you have a hard time thinking of something to write? I can write any type of poem of fictional story under the sun but when it comes to my life I am coming up blank. Please feel free to throw any suggestion you can spare. I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much fun - I LOVE Wicked! Its one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you girls had a great time! I can't wait to see everyone at the wedding next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I've always wanted to see Wicked!

    Love the cupcakes, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cupcakes! And it sounds like a great musical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a 'wicked' fun weekend!! lol. I've always wanted to see that, I read the book way back when it first came out. Love your black dress too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so neat! your cupcakes look amazing, and you girls all look so beautiful! so glad you had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to see the recipe from brunch, and you guys look liked you had a great time! I love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I am going to be heading your way sometimes (hopefully) in the near future and I think I have to try this queenies. YOu have mentioned it in your post before!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful in-laws! You are so lucky to have such a fun group of women in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous! I saw it when it came to my city back in May, and I would love to go see it again. One of the bets musicals I've been to see!!

    And I love your cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like fun, and how cute are the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I ever make it to your city, even with baby in tow, we're gonna have to meet up for a cupcake :)

    What a sweet girl wknd! I love it!

    and Camp Pettijohn?! how NEAT!! Now I want to go to camp and come home with a t-shirt! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you had the soundtrack playing along with themed cupcakes. I seriously need to become a better hostess. You always have the best ideas! Looks like a great weekend. Love your dress, I love dreses with pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy cupcakes! You girls looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved Wicked, I saw it in Chicago also and can't wait until it comes to KC! Your cupcakes look delish! And I must know where did you get that black dress with the pockets???? Please share :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The black dress is from J.Crew. I bought it last winter. I will buy any dress with pockets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We had so much fun! Thank you for being a gracious hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love these pics and loooove wicked!! saw it in london and loved it. looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cupcakes turned out so cute! I had always wanted to see Wicked when it was here in LA, but never got the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  22. cupcakes!!!!!<3 looks like you had a fab weekend. I really want to see wicked. And I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I want to see Wicked sooo bad!!! You looked fabulous by the way and I love the decorating you did before the show!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful weekend! All you ladies look fabulous and the cupcakes very yummy. I love Wicked. I got the chance to see it at the beginning of the year and completely enjoyed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute pics! I LOVED wicked! cute cupcakes and love your dress! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been wanting to see Wicked for SO long! Hate that I haven't seen it yet. You look beautiful as always. You have such amazing hair!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the comments on my blog :) I LOVE Wicked! I saw it in London last summer and since then I've bought the soundtrack and listened to it non-stop!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All of yall look so cute! Your MIL and SILs look so much alike! Oh, and the cupcakes look amazing. Would you mind mailing me one . . . pretty please? : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved Wicked! Saw it twice in fact! Just saw Jersey Boys last night and that was fantastic too! Love your dress too...especially the pockets...I find myself missing the pockets when I wear a dress/skirt without them now! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey, just found your blog from Glamorous Wife's blog and I think it's great! I've been dying to see wicked but it just hasn't worked out for me yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...